cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New

Domain Transfer Failure

I recently initiated a transfer of a domain to Godaddy, I entered the Trabsfer ID and Security code - as well as unlocked the domain on the current registrars site and used the authorization code provided by them.

Currently my domain transfer status is pending but I just received a mail from Godaddy saying the transfer failed due to the status of the domain. - I immediately checked the status and it is still pending?

I also cant restart the transfer because its already pending. 

Please advise what I should do next - this is an urgent transfer.

1 REPLY 1
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Domain Transfer Failure

@Tyler1 wrote:

I recently initiated a transfer of a domain to Godaddy, I entered the Trabsfer ID and Security code - as well as unlocked the domain on the current registrars site and used the authorization code provided by them.

Currently my domain transfer status is pending but I just received a mail from Godaddy saying the transfer failed due to the status of the domain. - I immediately checked the status and it is still pending?

I also cant restart the transfer because its already pending. 

Please advise what I should do next - this is an urgent transfer.

@Tyler1 Godaddy will typically attempt to restart the transfer automatically depending on what the error was. In this case it appears the domain name wasn't unlocked yet. Even though you unlocked the domain name at your registrar there can be a delay at the central registry.

----