Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
ravikanth
Novice

Domain Transfer - Processing transfer

Hi,

I have initiated the transfer process for my domain (that already hosted in another provider) to the GoDaddy registrar. And also added DNS hosting to the domain under DNS > ADD DNS HOSTING. But it still my domain is pending transfer-in. (We're waiting for approval from the sending registrar, which can take up to 7 days.) I need to resolve the issue ASAP. I also want to host my website under GoDaddy. Should I need to buy a hosting account parallelly?

3 REPLIES
Pro Community Founder Artisan Pro Community Founder Artisan
Pro Community Founder Artisan
Solution

Re: Domain Transfer - Processing transfer

One of my favorite GoDaddy charts is Change nameservers for my domains. It is absolutely fine to have your hosting with a company other than GoDaddy. I'd advise to consolidate but that is more a function of convenience than function. Have you completed the transfer process steps? Check out Authorize my domain transfer to GoDaddy I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

ravikanth
Novice

Yes. I have completed the transfer processing steps. and its now under "Processing transfer".

I need to move my website completely to GoDaddy. 

Pro Community Founder Artisan Pro Community Founder Artisan
Pro Community Founder Artisan

Most times registrars will not push domains out because they know they'll naturally push after seven (7) days. Quite honestly outbound transfers aren't really a priority. If you can't push the domain transfer along you may be stuck waiting. 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head