cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

Domain Transfer from One Godaddy Account to Another, will I lose the Private Registration?

Hi guys!

I'm planning to transfer one of my domain to another account. That domain has Privacy protection (private registration). If I transfer that domain to another Godaddy account, will it lose the privacy protection? If yes, is there a way to transfer the domain to another Godaddy account without losing the privacy protection?

Thank you for your answers!

8 REPLIES 8
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Domain Transfer from One Godaddy Account to Another, will I lose the Private Registration?

@ippoc wrote:

Hi guys!

I'm planning to transfer one of my domain to another account. That domain has Privacy protection (private registration). If I transfer that domain to another Godaddy account, will it lose the privacy protection? If yes, is there a way to transfer the domain to another Godaddy account without losing the privacy protection?

Thank you for your answers!

@ippoc Yes, your domain name will lose the private registration and you'll have to repurchase the privacy protection on the domain name in the other account.

---

New

Re: Domain Transfer from One Godaddy Account to Another, will I lose the Private Registration?

Ohhh, that's sad 😕 But thanks for your answer! 🙂 Good thing I didn't transferred it yet.

Super User II
Super User II

@ippoc wrote:

Ohhh, that's sad 😕 But thanks for your answer! 🙂 Good thing I didn't transferred it yet.

@ippoc Before purchasing privacy registration try searching Google for a promo code, typically you can get it down to $2-3.

----

I just transferred a domain from Godaddy to eNom, and received an email from domainsbyproxy.com to approve the transfer.

Hmm... GoDaddy seems to be blocking this.

@jeffersafiasaed91.com

Yes I love that

Hi @dlondon

You are unable to transfer the domain out of GoDaddy without first removing the privacy from the domain. That is the "domainsbyproxy.com" address you are seeing. Once you remove privacy, your true email address will be "uncovered" and your future (gaining) registrar can send the approvals there when you re-initiate the transfer with Enom. 

To remove privacy: https://www.godaddy.com/help/cancel-private-registration-1625

-TLH

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

Transfer from one Godaddy account to another fails

Hi,

I wanted to transfer a domain (.net) from my account on Godaddy to another. I followed the guidelines in the transfer article. The other guy received the transfer email and accepted. After that, the domain's status was labeled as "changing account" (or something of the sort) for a couple of days . However, about a week later the account's status changed back to active (on my account) and it appears the transfer operation has failed.

Please note that the domain is due to expire in about 2 weeks. Could this be the reason?

If not, why did this happen?

What should I do?

Please help.

Thanks

Muhammad