cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Domain Transfer

I wish to change the name of the OWNER of a Domain I do not wish to sell it just a simple owner name change 

the question is can I and how do I do it

Thanks

Norman

15 REPLIES 15
Solution

Re: Domain Transfer

Welcome to the community @Tiger , we can help with that. Most registrant changes are easy.

However, the inquiry did not indicate the type of domain (.COM, .NET, etc) but in the majority of cases you can update contacts as follows: https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-domain-contact-information-418

Please note that some country code domains (.UK, .CA) have their own rules due to their association with different registries. Domain details on these can be found at: https://help.godaddy.com

Regards,

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

New

Thank you for the information All done and Dusted as they say

Thanks again

Tiger

New

Does changing the domain's contact information actually change the ownership of the domain? I have changed the contact info, but want to make sure the person listed as the contact is also on file as the owner. Thank you!

Transferring domain to friend on GoDaddy

Hi. I have a domain with another registrar. I want to give it to a friend of mine who has a GoDaddy account. What would be the easiest way for the domain to be transferred to my friends GoDaddy account?

Thanks. 

Hi @Kim42

Changing the Registrant's name and Organization name (if any) on the domain assigns ownership. The owner of a domain is solely determined by the Registrant information on the domain, not what account it is in or who pays for the domain. So it is good that you have updated it to keep the ownership record (registrant) current.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

Re: Transferring domain to friend on GoDaddy

Hi @trenchreynolds

Your friend will need to purchase a transfer for the domain in their account at GoDaddy. For most TLDs, they will be sent codes to the administrative email address on the domain. You will need to remove any privacy, unlock the domain, forward them the codes from us, and send them the Authorization Code from your current registrar.

Once they enter these codes in their account with GoDaddy, the domain will move to them in 5-7 days. If the domain is a country-code (CCTLD) it may require different actions. You can check here if that is the case.

TLH

TLH

Help

My domain register in enom site. Now, i am transfer domain in godaddy. please help me, how to transfer domain enom to godaddy. please help me. Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help

Hi @zaheera569,

Please RTM:

https://uk.godaddy.com/help/transfer-my-domain-to-godaddy-1592

Bear in mind that some domains have restrictions and you should also read up perhaps on them too.........

New

I am dis satisfied with Go daddy ,, hosting plan , want to migrate to another webhost, can you please provide me with the EEP transfer authorization Code ASAP , or how do i retrieve to locate the EPP transfer code 

I want to aslo Domain Transfer - All Bangla Newspaper

Hi @Juremi

You may use the article here to send yourself the EPP Code (or Authorization Code) for the domain, by accessing the domain manager. To send the code, the domain must be older than 60 days, have no privacy applied, and have had no changes to the registrant in the last 60 days. 

For most country-code domains, you will need to contact our customer support so they can escalate your request to the appropriate team. The code will then be sent to you through email to use in a transfer. 

New

Re: Domain Transfer/?isc=gdcommment

Thanks for your mail , the domain name was deleted and  has been parked by go daddy , please how can i get the EPP transfer code , the domain is not on domain control center , the domain name is http://www.juremi.complease i need the transfer code urgently 
Kind regards 
Ejika Ada 

Re: Domain Transfer/?isc=gdcommment

Hi @Juremi,

To return the domain to an active status, you will need to recover it from the Expired Domains screen. (It can't transfer in a deleted status.) You have a short time to restore it to an active status by using the instructions here, choosing "No Years" if available to incur no renewal fee. 

New

Re: Domain Transfer/?isc=gdcommment/?isc=gdcommment

Thanks for your response, i have tried this option but it shows a message that the page is not working https://dcc.godaddy.com/domains/?isc=gpptsrch
Is there a way you can delete the website from your end so i can re-register it else where, or can you simply provide the EPP transfer code so i can successfully complete the migration 
Warm regards
Dapo 

Re: Domain Transfer/?isc=gdcommment/?isc=gdcommment

Hi @Juremi

The domain, already canceled, will be available for public registration after it is released from the Registry in 30+ days. We are not able to provide an Authorization Code through this Community forum. If you are unable to bring the domain back to an active status using the instructions provided, you will need to contact our customer support team at one of the numbers in the link below.