cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

Domain removed from godaddy but not yet transferred

I have transferred several domains, this time I decided to click on a link that I saw in GoDaddy that was asking if I approve the transfer.

Usually I initiate the transfer from the other registrar and wait.

Today, I saw this option in my domain in GoGaddy asking whether I approve the transfer or not, so I approved it. Once I did this, the domain was removed from Godaddy, the DNS stopped working and now the domain is lost and not working.

Godaddy should not have removed the domain until the other registrar has taken over.

The domain is in a really bad status. I use mxtoolbox.com to do a DNS check and it says that there are no nameservers. I do a whois and it says that the domain belongs to the new registrar but it shows as nameservers the ones of Godaddy's. If Godaddy had not removed the domain, it would be working now.

Any ideas would be highly appreciated, not about what I should have done, but if there is any way to recover without waiting 5-6 days for the transfer to compete!!!

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Solution

Re: Domain removed from godaddy but not yet transferred

Hi @ktsour

Welcome to the Community!

It sounds like GoDaddy moved the domain because you accepted the transfer out of the account. When a domain is transferred, it is not sent to the gaining registrar, but to the Registry that controls that TLD. That Registry then delivers it to the gaining registrar upon receiving a valid transfer request. You will need to contact your gaining registrar to be sure they have put through a valid request. You may also contact our customer support so they can confirm the transferred status of the domain. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support
New

My point is that Godaddy should not have removed the domain until it was sure that my DNS have been moved to another registrar. The domain had not expired. It was still paid, and still my DNS were hosted on Godaddy and the service was paid for another month, it should have kept hosting my DNS until it was absolutely certain that the domain has been transferred to the new registrar, not just that it moved away from Godaddy. 

Stopping a paid service without making sure the domain would not be affected, to me is just bad business!

Hi @ktsour

Unless you had previously setup offsite DNS for the domain, the DNS would not be retained at GoDaddy. Please contact your current registrar to update your DNS or add nameservers  there. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support