cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain transfer process and fee

Hi,

I have a Domain on Domainnames.com.au. I want to transfer the domain at Godaddy and I have another domain on Godaddy. How can transfer the domain here and what will be the cost?

Please give me some suggestion.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Domain transfer process and fee

Hi @Raziur1994

Welcome to the community!

How much the transfer costs depends on the TLD/CCTLD- the ending of your domain name. The different registries charge different fees through us to move the domain. You can enter the domain as a transfer on our website and it will show you the appropriate charge. You should remove Privacy (if applicable) and Unlock the domain with the current registrar before you start.

The process of transferring your domain to us starts when you purchase the domain transfer on our website.

1. From the "Domains" option in the upper left corner, choose "Domain Transfer" option under "Find a Domain" in the expanded window.
2. Enter your domain (without "www") and enter the authorization Code from the current registrar if you have it. Proceed to purchase.
3. If you do not have the code, you can still purchase but you must retrieve the Authorization code (EPP Code) from the current Registrar prior to authorization.
4. We send an email to the Administrative Contact Email Address listed on the domain which includes a Transaction ID and a Security Code.
5. You enter the Transfer ID, Security Code and Authorization Code through the Domain Manager in the customer account you purchased the transfer in on our site. You will find this area in the "Pending Transfers" window from your "Domain Manager". (Use the "Launch" button on the Domains bar under your account name upon log-in. Pending Transfers can be found by pulling down the white "Domains" tab in the Domain Manager.)
6. We then send the request to the domain's current Registry who in turn contacts your current Registrar.
7. Most current Registrars send an email to you to verify your intent to transfer. You do not need to take any further action in order for the domain to transfer if all codes entered in step 5 are accepted.

Domain name transfers take, on average, five to seven days to complete. Please let us know if we can help you in any other way.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

Re: Domain transfer process and fee need to remove myself from USA hosting

Hi,

I have a few domains with go daddy. My primary one vivienneblackvip.com.au in connected to square-space. But I need to remove it and a few other domains I have from USA to Australia for legal reasons. 

I am, completely illiterate when in comes to transfer. Both Square-space and Go daddy say my mine domain is not hosted with either of them,  but I didnt move it to anyone other than square-space a few years ago.

I am so coooonnnnffuused and in need of help ASAP.

On a side note, is it possible to keep go daddy but host in Asia or Australia?