Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

Domain transfer to GoDaddy - 1 year extension

Hi

I recently transferred some domains to GoDaddy. The deal when transferring said you get a 1 year extension to the registration.

The domains had an expiry date of 24/01/19 at the previous register so should expire on 24/01/21 after transfer. i.e. 24/01/20 + 1 year extension = 24/01/21.

On the domain management page however, it says they are set to expire on 24/01/20.

What am I not understanding?

regards

Greg

2 REPLIES 2
Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: Domain transfer to GoDaddy - 1 year extension

@Bundy wrote:

Hi

I recently transferred some domains to GoDaddy. The deal when transferring said you get a 1 year extension to the registration.

The domains had an expiry date of 24/01/19 at the previous register so should expire on 24/01/21 after transfer. i.e. 24/01/20 + 1 year extension = 24/01/21.

On the domain management page however, it says they are set to expire on 24/01/20.

What am I not understanding?

regards

Greg

@Bundy The domain had a previous expiration date of January 24th 2019 before the transfer. One year of registration was added when you transferred the domain making the new expiration date January 24th 2020. Not sure where the confusion is.

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I
New

Re: Domain transfer to GoDaddy - 1 year extension

Thanks for the reply @justingodfrey

Yeah. Not sure what I was thinking there. All is good.