cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
walcee
Novice

Failing to transfer domain away from GoDaddy

Hi. I initiated a domain transfer to Enom on the 19th of July. The domain is unlocked and i was given my EPK by Godaddy. I received an email from Godaddy to confirm the transfer and i confirmed it. Problem is the transfer has not been effected even up to now. Thats actually 6 days and all this time my domain is down. 

Status in the Godaddy 'Pending transfers out' is as below:

Your transfer is pending. Please check back for updates.

Can someone help me on what to do?

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Failing to transfer domain away from GoDaddy

Hi @walcee. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community!

I'm not sure what would be happening in this case. Confirming the transfer on our end usually makes the transfer complete within a few minutes. Please make sure you've followed the steps listed in this article. If you have and are still having trouble, please reach out to our support team so they can look into what's happening.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
gojef99
Novice

I initiated a domain transfer to Enom on the 21st of July. The domain is unlocked and i was given my EPK by Godaddy. I received an email from Godaddy to confirm the transfer and i confirmed it. Problem is the transfer has not been effected even up to now.

Can someone help me on what to do?

SamHobbs
Artisan

I would look to ensure that what is listed in Accepting or Declining a Transfer to Another Registrar has been done. Have you looked at the Transfers page? Does it say "Pending Transfers Out"? Note that step 7 says "Click OK twice". That is easily overlooked.

Craymak
Novice

Hi, 

I have initiated a transfer away from Godaddy to 123-reg and have been informed that 123 have contacted you and instructed you to send an email allowing the transfer, I haven't received anything from yourself and there is no transfer listed in the 'Transfers' section of my control panel?

Please can you advise the best thing to do.

Cheers

JP