cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fee for transferring domains from one account to another?

Does Go Daddy charge a fee for transferring domains from one Go Daddy account to another Go Daddy account? I'm being told that we will be charged a fee unless I provide my Go Daddy login info to the company who manages our website and currently has our domains registered under their Go Daddy account.

1 REPLY 1
Rockstar II

@LCSalina wrote:

Does Go Daddy charge a fee for transferring domains from one Go Daddy account to another Go Daddy account? I'm being told that we will be charged a fee unless I provide my Go Daddy login info to the company who manages our website and currently has our domains registered under their Go Daddy account.

@LCSalina No, there is no charge to transfer the domain name from one account to another. They may be referring to you initiating a transfer to Godaddy since you do not want to provide your information. You do not need to provide all of your login information. Simply provide the person with your Godaddy customer ID number and the email address on file at Godaddy for them to initiate the account change. The instructions to do so are located here: https://www.godaddy.com/help/move-a-domain-to-another-godaddy-account-822

---