cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Go-daddy has transferred my domain name without my knowledge to PayPal.

Its very suspicious that PayPal has illegally taken this domain illegally and why has Go-daddy then parked it for sale if Go-daddy has transferred it to them, if PayPal wanted it so bad then again why is it for sale right now.

i have and have had two factor login security so this must have been done by someone with access from within Go-daddy.

It would be highly impossible for someone to hack my account and my phone to get access to my 2 factor authentication.

I have screenshots of this and conversations with support who also find this.

I have not initiated nor confirmed this transaction. in fact i was no even aware of this until today as i have not logged in for the last month.

This is unlawful entry and theft of my property, which Go-daddy is responsible for and server records and login details will prove as such.

There is no verification email on the admin email for the transfer either, no link to confirm the transaction, no info for where its been transferred to.

I have legally bought this domain and put a lot of money and time into building this website.

This domain is now not visible on my account and after reaching out to customer support, I have been informed that it has been transferred to someone else's account without my knowledge and permission.

I am devastated and would like to speak to someone in charge with authority to explain how go-daddy can violate my rights and privileges and let trust security and contract bounding property be handed over to clearly criminals.

What has times come to when i man cant even go on a holiday without worrying that Go-daddy will sell of his domains behind his back, Or what ever the case may be here.

I am the first owner and have owned this domain for  1 year and 4 months, i renewed it 4 months ago for another 2 years, i have had a full functioning eCommerce website & SSL on it, etc

Does anyone have any guidance for me? 

Has anyone ever experienced such a thing?

W.Sher
4 REPLIES 4
Super User IV

@WillG 

We are end users like you - so we don't have any access to see / view your account. 

What is your domain name? I've never heard of or seen this happen, but I'd like to do a quick whois search / dns history to see what I can from an end user (website visitor) perspective

The only thing I've seen done before is when a client had a the domain in their own GoDaddy account, and I was hosting a website for them in my account and they wanted to put the domain on a new product, that GoDaddy would put a temp domain on the product in my account.

This had to do with hosting not the domain itself. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

paypalbuys.com

you can read and see my story here https://www.wanttono.com/webhosting/godaddy-and-paypal-in-domain-theft/

W.Sher

@WillG 

1) paypalbuys.com is currently pointing to a GoDaddy parked page

2) I can see it was about 6 days ago https://www.whoxy.com/paypalbuys.com and shows as a private registration.

The only thing I can think of is that there may have been a legal reason for this - as I previously stated I'm an end user like you - PayPal as a business may have filed a copyright / trademark infringement. If you look at this link https://www.whoxy.com/company/41780 you will see they have a number of domains which have PayPal in the domain but aren't their direct site.   So more than likely that is why this happened.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hi @WillG,

The domain you list is not for sale by GoDaddy or PayPal. It's directed to a generic GoDaddy parked page, because, while registered at (not owned by) GoDaddy, its DNS is not directed to a URL. The previous answer sounds to be the most likely outcome, given the domain's name and the probability of a trademark infringement. Please check you emails (including spam folders) for any further information on the disposition of the domain.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support