cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with domain transfer

Hi

I am trying to move my domain registration from Squarespace to Go Daddy.

However as i try, the email that the security info is getting sent to, is not mine. Looking it up in Whois, it says:

Registrar: TUCOWS DOMAINS INC.

The email address that's registered is theirs, and i have no access. So can't complete the process. Squarespace do give you a transfer key, but GoDaddy asks for Security code and Auth code.

How can i change the email in WhoIs?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
New

Re: Help with domain transfer

Two possible problems:

1. You aren't the admin contact. Ask Squarespace to set that to you (you might be able to do that in Squarespace's control panel)

2. You have whois privacy enabled which is obscuring your domain contact info. Squarespace will have to disable that also

Tucows are just the domain provider than Squarespace use

Domain transfer to squarespace

I'm trying to transfer my current domain to squarespace, but I also want to keep this site active/not have to delete it.

Would the best way be to purchase another domain and assign that to this site, and transfer this one? I just really don't want to transfer the domain and delete my entire wordpress. 

Re: Domain transfer to squarespace

Hi @arigdon

Welcome to the Community!

Yes, you can create/register a new domain and change the domain you are using on your WordPress Hosting. The instructions in the link below will help you in making that change.

Changing Your WordPress Domain Name: https://www.godaddy.com/help/changing-your-wordpress-domain-name-6495

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support