cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How long does domain nameserver change takes?

Hello,

I have changed my hosting provider. So I change nameservers according to new hosting but it not working. How long does it take to change nameservers

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How long does domain nameserver change takes?

Hi @ireshmadushanka. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! That depends on what you mean. As far as the change occurring in your GoDaddy account, that should only take a few minutes. However, it can take up to 48 hours for the change to fully take effect everywhere on the internet. If you're still having trouble after that time, you can share your domain/nameservers here and someone may be able to offer further advice. You can also get in touch with our customer care team if you think something is wrong within your account. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Super User III
Super User III

Hey there @ireshmadushanka,

DNS changes can take anywhere from 24-48 hours to completely process. That being said, most of the time it's done in less than an hour. 

If it's been longer than that, are you getting any sort of error messages when you go to your domain?

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted

Name servers are fine now but something awkward happening When I try to reach site using HTTP it's showing me one site but when I try to reach it using HTTPS it's showing me my previous site. why is that?

New

Hello, did you succeed. Please share your solution

Solution

Hi @tsedes,

Welcome to the Community!

There are two different issues being discussed in this older thread. Please restate the problem that you are personally having in directing your domain name to a hosting provider. Include the domain (for external lookup) and where your hosting is being provided. Our community members can assist you with more information.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support