cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How to move From GSuite to GoDaddy

Hi

I purchased a GoDaddy domain via GSuite plateform. Now I want to stop my GSuite account and move completely to GoDaddy interface.

I don't know which procedure I must follow:

1- Transfer domain from GoDaddy account (the one given by GSuite interface) to another GoDaddy account (created through GoDaddy interface),

Or

2- Transfer domain between Registrars (which are the same one)

Many Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Super User III Super User III
Super User III

Re: How to move From GSuite to GoDaddy

When you are trying to manage the domain if it instructs you to login directly to GoDaddy I believe you could use the 1st option, otherwise the 2nd option should work either way.

No, I can't log in to GoDaddy interface with credentials given by GSuite. So I must transfer domain before then change DNS settings into GoDaddy interface.

GoDaddy didn't accept credentials from GSuite, so I think that transfer from a GoDaddy account to another GoDaddy account didn't work.

Super User III Super User III
Super User III

Check if you can add DNS hosting before transferring the domain.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-dns-hosting-20165?

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @Raikkonen. Thanks for being part of the GoDaddy Community! Even though Gsuite sometimes uses GoDaddy to let their customers register domains, it's technically treated as a different registrar. If you want to move a domain from Gsuite to GoDaddy, you would need to treat it as a registrar to registrar transfer. Hope that helps! 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Hi @JesseW 

That's what I did and it worked fine.

Now I'm waiting for transfer which lasts from 7 to 10 days.

Many thanks @JesseW  and @Nate