cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

I NEED URGENT HELP

Good morning.

Please I need information about Go DADDY policy on transferring domains. My website WRR.NG is currently hosted by a Nigerian company WHOGOHOST who are providing very terrible services with poor security. My website and its subdomains have been the subject of attacks and constant downtimes, so bad that I lost dashboard functions on two of them permanently. They also preventing content moving from the subdomains to the main website. So I had to build a new website [WRRNG.COM] and moved my existing content to it.

Now, I want to transfer my domain with WHOGOHOST [WRR.NG] to your platform and move the newly designed website [WRRNG.COM] to it. What I need now from your organisation is the following

1. Do you transfer name.ng domains?
  2. Is it possible to do the transfer of my WRR.NG domain and move WRRNG.COM into it?
  3. What would you require from me to do this (information)
  4. What is the cost and the time it would take
  5. What other services would I require and the cost

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I NEED URGENT HELP

Hi @kukogho,

the best people to ask this are the support people. You would be best phoning them and having a chat. Or checkout this page:

https://uk.godaddy.com/help/domain-name-transfer-faq-6870

I know international calls can be expensive, but really a chat with support is the best option to finding your solution.

Unfortunately, the chat plugin failed to load on my PC and when I called their phone (UK) my accent and that of the female customer care agent interfered terribly. We could barely hear each other out.

I'll keep trying.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @kukogho,

you can use a proxy server based in USA or Europe then go onto godaddy main page. Stay long enough and a pop up chat window will appear. Firefox web browser is excellent to enable browsing by proxy server. 

You can access chat by this legitimate method for countries that don't support chat. 

I will try this out. Thanks a lot.

Hi @kukogho,

While we can certainly accept the transfer of your .COM domain to an account with us, we do not currently accept transfers of the .NG through that registry. You may need to do an internet search to find a registrar that can process that for you.

The article below will assist you with instructions as to how you can transfer the .COM domain if you wish.

Transferring in to GoDaddy: https://www.godaddy.com/help/authorize-my-domain-transfer-to-godaddy-23874

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

Can Domain Name with com.ng be transfer to Godaddy

Can anyone explain to me if transfer of domain name with " com.ng " can be transfer to Godaddy?

Solution

Re: Can Domain Name with com.ng be transfer to Godaddy

Hi @ajayispeed,

Welcome to the Community!

We're sorry, at this time, GoDaddy does not have an agreement with the .NG, or .CO.NG Registry to transfer or register their domains. You'll need to do an internet search for a registrar that can process that CCTLD.