cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

I got GoDaddys domain and HostGattors hosting, how to build website now?

Hello, im new in web design and site developing. I want to make site for my Waterpolo club. I bought 1year domain at GoDaddy and Hosting at HostGator. Can i make my website now ? What to do next ? I read how i must change name servers or something but i dont really get it. Can you explain me what to do now ? 

4 REPLIES 4
Super User I Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: I got GoDaddys domain and HostGattors hosting, how to build website now?

@Kriptonac

In your Hostgator dashboard, in the left side bar, you'll see your hosting server's nameservers.  It will look something like this:

Name Servers
nsXXXX.hostgator.com
nsXXXX.hostgator.com

You then want to add the specific ns nameservers noted in your dashboard as "custom" nameservers on your GoDaddy domain record.  GoDaddy has a step-by-step here.

Then, once the domain is pointing at your Hostgator hosting account you can begin to build your site.

HTH! Smiley Wink
Judith
"I failed my way to success." ~Thomas Edison

I am just beginning. How do I post a message for my newly acquired .com  name?  What is Hostgators hosting?

Is this for a free website?

hey @megwinkler 
We can not confirm hosting offers/pricing for another company, however, you can connect any Godaddy domain with hosting from another provider.  

If you would like to see Godaddy hosting options please click on this link:  https://www.godaddy.com/hosting?isc=cardigan

Thanks,
MPC