cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

I paid for Domain Buy Service. Will I get back money if Godaddy can not get?

Dear Godaddy support,

I don't know what is Domain Buy Service so I did choose and I did pay 69$ for it. My question is:

Can I get back the money if Godaddy can not get it for me?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES
GoDaddy Pro Trusted Advisor

Re: I paid for Domain Buy Service. Will I get back money if Godaddy can not get?

tuyphong1982 wrote:

Dear Godaddy support,

I don't know what is Domain Buy Service so I did choose and I did pay 69$ for it. My question is:

Can I get back the money if Godaddy can not get it for me?

Thanks!

@tuyphong1982 As stated on the Domain Buy purchase:

"Your purchase is non-refundable and non-transferable. If you want to pursue a different domain name instead of the one you originally purchased, you must purchase a separate request to acquire the new domain name through Domain Buy Service."

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I
kenvip711
Novice

Re: I paid for Domain Buy Service. Will I get back money if Godaddy can not get?

It should be warned for the customer before they realize a misunderstand but the money is gone. It was really bad and i stuck in past. GoDaddy should refund for this case.

@kenvip711 wrote:

It should be warned for the customer before they realize a misunderstand but the money is gone. It was really bad and i stuck in past. GoDaddy should refund for this case.

@kenvip711 it does state that the purchase is nonrefundable when you make the purchase. I'm not sure what else they could do.

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I
mariam1990
Novice

I was about to purchase this service also. But I tried to find any declaimer that states the money wont be refunded if the agent gets the domain or not. And it doesn't state such a declaimer anywhere before purchasing the product. I have to dig this fact in the "Help" section. Shouldn't such important facts be stated in a more obvious way, and before someone makes a payment so they know exactly what they are getting ?

Solution

@mariam1990 wrote:

I was about to purchase this service also. But I tried to find any declaimer that states the money wont be refunded if the agent gets the domain or not. And it doesn't state such a declaimer anywhere before purchasing the product. I have to dig this fact in the "Help" section. Shouldn't such important facts be stated in a more obvious way, and before someone makes a payment so they know exactly what they are getting ?

@mariam1990 @kenvip711 you don't have to dig into the help section to find it, its right on the main page:

"A Buyer commission will be added to the domain purchase price if the name is successfully purchased (20% of the purchase price or $15.00, whichever is greater). The $49.99 fee is non-refundable.

Domain Buy Service is only available for names that are currently registered."

---