cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Invalid mail certificate since moving domain

I moved one of our domains from one of our GoDaddy servers to another GoDaddy server. I did this by changing the DNS A record to the IP of the new server and creating an Add On Domain on the new server CPanel. As you probably know in CPanel, it automatically creates a subdomain when doing an add on domain. Now when we launch our Outlook client, it has a Security Alert for an invalid certificate and the certificate is issued by that subdomain.

Our email is hosted externally to GoDaddy in Exchange so all of our MX DNS records are pointing to the Exchange and not internal to that server.

We resolved a similar issue to this in the past by going to CPanel > Email Routing and setting it to Remote Mail Exchanger. This does not work this time.

I have also removed the MX record in CPanel > Zone Editor. This was automatically generated with the Add On Domain. This did not resolve it.

GoDaddy support said that this is not possible, but I am convinced there is something that was created when adding that Add On Domain.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I believed I resolved this. I'm still waiting to hear back from our employees to make sure.

But apparently it is set to auto-generate a certificate for the sub domains. Once I uninstalled this certificate, I no longer get this certificate popup when loading the Outlook client.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User IV

@steveh1 

Just a thought that you had / have a cname for the mail record that got adjusted when you updated the IP address as it was pointing to the @ record

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

I believed I resolved this. I'm still waiting to hear back from our employees to make sure.

But apparently it is set to auto-generate a certificate for the sub domains. Once I uninstalled this certificate, I no longer get this certificate popup when loading the Outlook client.

View solution in original post