cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Is somebody trying to steal my domain?

Hi all,

I just received the following email from godaddy. Is somebody trying to transfer my domain? 

I have multi factor authentication and all. Is there anything more I can do to avoid such events? 

Thanks,

%%%%%%%%%%%%

Here's the authorization code and domain information you requested:

Customer Account: ************
Domain Name: *********
Authorization Code: **************

Your domain's still active and no action is required. No changes have been made to your account. If you delete this email or simply don't use the code, your domain status will remain as-is.

%%%%%%%%%%%%

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New
Solution

Re: Is somebody trying to steal my domain?

Update:

I contacted support and they said that's due to some internal changes in the .com.au registrar that send this notification to owners of .com.au domains.

They told me I can safely ignore this. But my suggestion is do your own security homework, keep password up-to-date and strong and use 2 factor authentication.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

I received similar (and unexpected) emails within the last 8 hours. From what I can see you could only request an auth code if you were logged into your account which would be very concerning, but I may be wrong. FWIW this was for a .com.au domain.

There doesn't seem to be any list of past logins available in the godaddy account portal, so I can't tell if someone logged into my account without my knowledge.

I am going to report this to godaddy in any case. I suggest you do also. I will post back with any response.

I just got one of these also.

I have lots of domains in my account but only one has been hit with this so far.

This is also a .com.au domain. 

I wonder if it has something to do with the Crazy Domain changes they are doing this weekend. This one domain I think may have been with Crazy Domains before moving to Go Daddy.

Hi All

i am receiving the same for two of our domains. surely this is an issue with go-daddy systems.

I have changed my account password just to be sure.

can someone from godaddy please confirm what is going on?

regards

dv

Same thing happened to me! Freaked me out

New

I got two - both were .com.au also. My .com's are unaffected.

And another one. Also a .com.au

This one I know has never been on CrazyDomains also.

New
Solution

Update:

I contacted support and they said that's due to some internal changes in the .com.au registrar that send this notification to owners of .com.au domains.

They told me I can safely ignore this. But my suggestion is do your own security homework, keep password up-to-date and strong and use 2 factor authentication.

View solution in original post

I got 7 emails today, all .com.au.

Glad to see everyone else has had the same and not just me.

Obviously GoDaddy is under pressure, wait time on phone at mid-night is 47 minutes, lol

New

I got about 5 notifications for my one domain this morning - put me in a bit of a panic.  Have set up 2 step authentication now but this thread puts my mind at ease.

New

Thanks team. I was thinking the same thing - that someone was trying to steal my domain. I downloaded the list of my domains just in case I had to prove something. Am going to change my password too now. 

Thanks!