cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved domain away from GoDaddy - website now offline

Hey guys,

I'm having a bit of an issue with moving a domain away from godaddy. The domain has moved away perfectly, and is now showing in my 123-reg account.

However, the website is now completely offline and I have no idea why (I assumed all DNS/nameserver info would carry over and the website would remain online). The hosting is still up and running on the Godaddy side, but it seems like the domain name in 123-reg is no longer pointing to that hosting.

Can anyone help me with checking the correct DNS/nameserver settings for the domain? Just to double check that it is in fact correctly pointing at the godaddy hosting and not somewhere else.

Cheers

Joe

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Moved domain away from GoDaddy - website now offline

Hi @astrophysjc,

what is your DN?

@Anonymous</a> https://www.heartit.co

Thanks in advance for your help on this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @astrophysjc,

Your domain names (there are two servers as per usual) are still Godaddy servers yet you say you have transferred your domain name over to 1-2-3reg? Though your hosting is still here with Godaddy? Then your domain DNS needs to be 1-2-3 servers and forwarded to your hosting URL here at Godaddy.

Otherwise if you have not transferred your domain to 1-2-3 and it's still with Godaddy, then it's a reversal of that procedure.