cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Strange message in domain DNS

Hello,

I recently transferred a domain from Namecheap to Godaddy.

In the DNS section it says something like: "We can not submit as your DNS information because your name servers are not managed by us".

And then it shows:

Name server:
dns1.registrar-servers.com
dns2.registrar-servers.com

Can someone tell me what does this mean?

I want to sell the domain, so I need to solve this problem.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Strange message in domain DNS

Hi @Duarte0001. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! 

You would only be able to manage DNS settings in our interface if your domain is using GoDaddy nameservers. If you want to change the nameservers, you can use this article. Otherwise, you'll want to update domain zone file settings with your hosting provider, which appears to still be Namecheap. Hope that helps. If not, feel free to provide more information. Others in the community may be able to provide you with additional suggestions. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @Duarte0001. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! 

You would only be able to manage DNS settings in our interface if your domain is using GoDaddy nameservers. If you want to change the nameservers, you can use this article. Otherwise, you'll want to update domain zone file settings with your hosting provider, which appears to still be Namecheap. Hope that helps. If not, feel free to provide more information. Others in the community may be able to provide you with additional suggestions. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hello JesseW, thank you very much for your help.

I followed the instructions of the article and in nameserver type I choosed "Default". Now it shows the following:

ns11.domaincontrol.com
ns12.domaincontrol.com

I think this means it is now updated. So again, thank you.

Best Regards

Duarte