cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Transfer Denied....Do i need to do more?

I am transferring two domains to a new host and didn't turn privacy off which i am assuming is what caused me to recieve this e-mail message...

The transfer of xxx.xxx from GoDaddy to another registrar could not be completed for the following reason(s):

Express written objection to the transfer from the Transfer Contact. (e.g. - email, fax, paper document or other processes by which the Transfer Contact has expressly and voluntarily objected through opt-in means).

I have now removed privacy and do i need to do anything else to kickstart the process again? I am finding it difficult to find the answers here and chat support never seems to be active.

Any advice is appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User I
Super User I

Re: Transfer Denied....Do i need to do more?

@ezkii wrote:

I am transferring two domains to a new host and didn't turn privacy off which i am assuming is what caused me to recieve this e-mail message...

The transfer of xxx.xxx from GoDaddy to another registrar could not be completed for the following reason(s):

Express written objection to the transfer from the Transfer Contact. (e.g. - email, fax, paper document or other processes by which the Transfer Contact has expressly and voluntarily objected through opt-in means).

I have now removed privacy and do i need to do anything else to kickstart the process again? I am finding it difficult to find the answers here and chat support never seems to be active.

Any advice is appreciated.

@ezkii That can mean a few different things. It could be because of the privacy on the domain but it could also be because you recently updated the contact information for the domain or that the domain is newly registered, in both cases you'll need to wait 60 days before you're able to transfer the domain.

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I

Just now I want to transfer a domain to namecheap.com

I get auth code> pay to namecheap.com
than for fast release I delete it from godaddy.com.
but i got a mail ''Registrar Transfer Denied''

What i can do now?

Solution

Hi @khulnab,

Welcome to the community!

Deleting the domain will not release it for the transfer. It will eventually return it to the registry for over 30 days before it can be registered again to the general public. In order to transfer your domain to another registrar, you will need to bring it back to an active status in your account with GoDaddy. You can do so be following the instructions here. Once it is active, you must re-initiate or retry the transfer at the gaining registrar. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

My problem is solved.

Thanks for the help & reply.
For business godaddy.com is always my first option.
Want to go more further with it.
Good wishes & Love for everyone.