cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Transfer Domain " Domain is already registered here."

Hi,

I've canceled subscription with my old hosting provider and I want to transfer my domain to godaddy. The domain is ".co.uk" I've requested IPS Tag change to GODADDY which has been completed.

When I go to  Domain Transfer URL it says " Domain is already registered here." which is correct as WHOIS shows Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLP. [Tag = GODADDY]

I cant for life of me figure out how to even start Domain Transfer, I see mentions of Purchase Domain transfer for $0. But where do you even do that!? 

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Super User III Super User III
Super User III

Re: Transfer Domain " Domain is already registered here."

A domain transfer is not needed between two GoDaddy accounts, you can do an Account Change.  Here are the steps. https://www.godaddy.com/help/move-a-domain-to-another-godaddy-account-822

Thanks for reply but, not transferring between two godaddy account.

My old host provider was one.com. I've canceled subscription with them, I have requested IPS TAG change to GODADDY which has been done. 

I've then registered account on godaddy, when I try to do domain transfer via URL https://uk.godaddy.com/domains/domain-transfer to start and initiate some kind of process

it comes up " Domain is already registered here." What step am I missing?

Super User III

Okay, I believe the transfer request needs to go in before the IPS TAG change.  Contact support with your account details.

You first have to set your name servers from your old account to the account you need them to transfer to.

Go to GoDaddy and see if you find DNS that is where your name servers are. They are the servers that host your domain. Look like ns1godaddy xx. There is usually 3 all alike except the next one will be a 2 and the next a 3. You need to find these name servers and change them from where you were hosting and change them to the name servers from the company your moving too. It should also let you set a transfer to where you want them to go. I just went through this same thing myself. I have been marketing online for 3-4 years and was always able to do it on my own but now they make you wait 60 days after you buy them before you can transfer them to another host. 

Super User III
Solution

@barrylynChanging the nameservers or pointing a domain are not a requirement to transfer.

The 60-day hold is a security step for added protection.  While you're still able to utilize the domain in this time, it is harder for something malicious to be done in the account as well as easier to restore if something does happen.