cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Transfer In to GoDadday | Request Accidently Declined by Hosting Provider | How to Restart

Please assist. Telephonic Support not working well from South Africa, neither the support chat (keeps on aborting). Have 2 domain transfer in requests that was accidently declined by hosting provider. both names belong to me. Require assistance to have the process restarted. Thank you in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Transfer In to GoDadday | Request Accidently Declined by Hosting Provider | How to Restart

@OckertC 

I "believe" that if it is cancelled / rejected that it "should" cause a refund / credit and that you would need to repurchase the transfer.

You may be able to go to https://dcc.godaddy.com to see the transfer and resend the request - but I'm not 100% sure of that.

GoDaddy support will have to help you further with this.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Re: Transfer In to GoDadday | Request Accidently Declined by Hosting Provider | How to Restart

Thank you kindly for your response. No credit in my account. let me see if with support works today, and ask them to re-submit. Once again, thank you.

Super User II
Super User II

@OckertC Once Godaddy notifies you that the transfer was rejected you'll be able to restart the transfer. Did you receive any emails from Godaddy yet?

---

Hi Justin, nothing was send through from GoDaddy. eventually decided to check on request, and it was marked as declined. then contacted my old hosting provider, and they just went "oops sorry" … reason I moved to new provider. three more dns names to be released / removed from them then we are done. 

Super User II
Super User II

@OckertC Login to your domain manager and navigate to "transfers-in", you may have the ability to click the checkbox next to the domain (if its still listed) and restart the transfer.

----

Hi Justin, nothing there - just grayed out 😞 hence me exploring community support. unfortunately, the telephonic contact line from South Africa seems to have a 20min average "hold on you're next" waiting period, and the chat breaks shortly after you managed to engage with an agent. rather dismal ...

Super User III
Super User III

@OckertC 

While it shouldn't matter - I suggest trying to see if you can use a VPN and get a US IP Address - also I know some people have setup a Google Voice Number and called in on the US number that way (they get a US Phone number) - Just another suggestion

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Solution

Thank you to all for response. Managed to get hold of support, and they credited the items in questions. we will restart the process.