cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Transfer completed but still active in the previous Company ?

Hello,   I received a confirmation email Congratulation! We have completed the transfer request for the following domain names:   I changed the DNS to Godaddy defaults but the domain name still works on the previous hosting company    Any help?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Advocate VII

Hi @johnwick,
Sometimes it may take a day for full transfer and propagation. Also, make sure to clear your browser cache before checking site. You can use a site like https://whois.org to check the published domain registration information. It should show an a godaddy dns and registration. I have had to fully cancel hosting at an old provider to expedite the transfer so my site would resolve correctly. If it does not call tech support.

Hope this helps,
James
Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Advocate VII

Hi @johnwick,
Sometimes it may take a day for full transfer and propagation. Also, make sure to clear your browser cache before checking site. You can use a site like https://whois.org to check the published domain registration information. It should show an a godaddy dns and registration. I have had to fully cancel hosting at an old provider to expedite the transfer so my site would resolve correctly. If it does not call tech support.

Hope this helps,
James

View solution in original post

thanks for reply, I talked with support and it solved, but how long it takes the privacy protection to take effect? because my info still public and its past 12 hours since my domain transfer completed.

Was your domain originally registered as public? I have made this mistake before and sometimes it may take several days for all of the public information about your domain to be replaced with a private registration. Some services which use public domain registration information may keep your old information out there for weeks.

Hope this helps,
James