cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Transfer domain from whois.com to GoDaddy

I want to transfer domains from my whois.com account to GoDaddy.  As per instructions at whois.com , first i need to apply for transfer at GoDaddy, and then they would receive an intimation from GoDaddy, following which they would sent an email to Registrant Contact of the domain name seeking consent for the transfer.

As per instructions from GoDaddy though,  first you need to "unlock" the domain with the current registrar, following which the "unlock the domain" section will be shown in green, and then you can enter the authcode.  In my case this section is shown in YELLOW, with comments that read "A domain lock prevents it from being transferred".

My understanding is that the steps suggested by whois.com is their way of "unlocking" the domain, because I dont see any other unlock option in their portal...  Similarly GoDaddy does not seem to give an option to "apply for a transfer-in".  

Please advise..

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Super User II

@spooooks 

If you're following the instructions provided by GoDaddy here, I would suggest calling in and talking to a GoDaddy Guide or getting on Live Chat (link at top of page.) Without looking in your account, it may be hard to give you an answer on what to do.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Hi @spooooks,

Welcome to the Community!

There can be a few exceptions to a standard domain transfer, based on the TLD (the "dot" ending). In that regard, @MrVapor is correct and a call or chat with GoDaddy may quickly clear up any difficulties. I also thought that this article from whois.com may provide some assistance as well.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II

@spooooks 

If you're following the instructions provided by GoDaddy here, I would suggest calling in and talking to a GoDaddy Guide or getting on Live Chat (link at top of page.) Without looking in your account, it may be hard to give you an answer on what to do.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hi @spooooks,

Welcome to the Community!

There can be a few exceptions to a standard domain transfer, based on the TLD (the "dot" ending). In that regard, @MrVapor is correct and a call or chat with GoDaddy may quickly clear up any difficulties. I also thought that this article from whois.com may provide some assistance as well.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support