cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferred Domain/ DNS working for everybody else but me

I recently transferred my domain name to GoDaddy and sorted out the DNS stuff to hook it up to my new site which is hosted by somebody else but when I try to look at the site myself I get the message 'hazelbrownart.com's server DNS address could not be found.' although when anybody else searches for hazelbrownart.com they can access it. 

I cleared my cache as suggested and tried a different browser and still nothing. I got my housemates who are using the same wifi to check it and they can't access it either so I believe its something to do with my internet but I'm unsure of how to fix that?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Advocate III Advocate III
Advocate III

Re: Transferred Domain/ DNS working for everybody else but me

Try clearing the DNS cache on your PC and browser. See this article for instructions for various operating systems and browsers: https://support.opendns.com/hc/en-us/articles/227988627-How-to-Clear-the-DNS-Cache-on-Computers-and-...

Geeks rule!

Already cleared from my browser but I've just tried clearing on my PC too and that hasn't made a difference.

Advocate III Advocate III
Advocate III

How long has it been since you changed the nameservers? I had to change the DNS in my router because my ISP's DNS took so long to propagate.  I now use Google's public DNS servers.

Geeks rule!