Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Transferring Domain & moving web hosting

My registor is Dotster

My web hosting is through Hostway....

I am trying to switch my web hosting to Go Daddy.

What do I need to do ???? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Helper V

Before making any changes BACKUP your website and any MYSQL Databases that are being used.

Once you have everything backed up or you want to start fresh and skip the backup you will need to purchase hosting from Godaddy and then add your domain to the hosting account.

Once you have your hosting account setup and domain assigned you will need to update DNS.

First you will need to determine what your Current Nameservers are set to. Domain Management: How To Find Your Default Nameservers

If using your Registrar to manage DNS How Do I Modify My DNS Records? and update you're a Records to point to the Godaddy IP Assigned to your hosting account.

If you want to let Godaddy manage your domain's DNS follow the steps to Add Offsite DNS once the domain has been added you will need to change your nameservers to point to your Godaddy assigned Nameservers.  Domain Management: How To Update Nameservers 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Helper V

Before making any changes BACKUP your website and any MYSQL Databases that are being used.

Once you have everything backed up or you want to start fresh and skip the backup you will need to purchase hosting from Godaddy and then add your domain to the hosting account.

Once you have your hosting account setup and domain assigned you will need to update DNS.

First you will need to determine what your Current Nameservers are set to. Domain Management: How To Find Your Default Nameservers

If using your Registrar to manage DNS How Do I Modify My DNS Records? and update you're a Records to point to the Godaddy IP Assigned to your hosting account.

If you want to let Godaddy manage your domain's DNS follow the steps to Add Offsite DNS once the domain has been added you will need to change your nameservers to point to your Godaddy assigned Nameservers.  Domain Management: How To Update Nameservers 

View solution in original post

Former Employee

That was a great response on the steps to making a hosting move. If your moving the domain registration as well, this is how to proceed:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/transfer-domain-names-to-godaddy-1592