cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
UncleIroh
Novice

Transferring domain to another register (Blue Host)

I'm trying to transfer my domain to Blue Host but GoDaddy keeps on rejecting the transfer. I already unlocked the domain, removed the private setting, and entered the EPP code. What else could I be missing? 

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated. Thank you. 

3 REPLIES
Pro Community Founder Artisan Pro Community Founder Artisan
Pro Community Founder Artisan

Re: Transferring domain to another register (Blue Host)

Sometimes when you come out of privacy masking it takes a bit of time for the changes to propagate @UncleIroh. How long has it been since you removed the privacy? I'd probably give it at least twelve (12) hours after any domain changes? 

Additionally depending on what have changed you may be in a domain lock situation? Check out Transfer domain from GoDaddy to another registrar. I'm not sure if removing privacy counts as updating the registrant? I hope that helps? 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

UncleIroh
Novice

I changed the privacy setting more than 36 hours ago @rd

The guides didn't specify changing the privacy settings as one of things that will trigger a lock for 60 days. Nor did I change the org name, and the first and last name in the settings. 

Pro Community Founder Artisan Pro Community Founder Artisan
Pro Community Founder Artisan
Solution

@UncleIroh wrote:

I changed the privacy setting more than 36 hours ago @rd

The guides didn't specify changing the privacy settings as one of things that will trigger a lock for 60 days. Nor did I change the org name, and the first and last name in the settings. 

I'm not so sure? Seems to me that the having privacy would list the registered person/organization as Domain Privacy... and now you've brought the registration to your own name. I'm just not sure if that counts as updating the registrant contact name?

The Cancel Private Registration process does list Update your contact information as the next step.

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head