cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Website developer states IP still pointing to their server...4 years down the line

An outside group built my web site. I had them transfer the final product 4 years go to my GoDaddy account. No issues until recently. They have recently started invoicing me for monthly hosting of the site. They claim the IP address for the site still points to their server.

What is the fix? I want the IP address to point to my GoDaddy account. Am I able to verify where the Domain is truly pointing? 

TIA

VIC 

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Website developer states IP still pointing to their server...4 years down the line

@x2bate 

Hmmm.... that's odd.   After 4 years?

Your DNS record will show where the domain is pointed/hosted.  You'll see nameservers for your current host.  For GoDaddy hosting they'll look something like this:

nsXX.domaincontrol.com
nsXX.domaincontrol.com

As far as determining IP, you can find out how to determine your GoDaddy Hosting IP here.   Then check your DNS record to see if there are any A records pointing to a *different* IP.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
"Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Highlighted
New

Re: Website developer states IP still pointing to their server...4 years down the line

Agree, strange.

Thks for the response. Will start there.