cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Why can't I transfer my domains away from Godaddy? (standard question)

I have numerous domains, but almost all of them have transferring away from Godaddy disabled. Some of them registered quite recently, some of them registered 9-10 months ago. Happy to share specifics, but can't see anything obvious.

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Why can't I transfer my domains away from Godaddy? (standard question)

@codebrewery 

Have you checked to make sure you remove the domain lock and they aren't protected or anything? Check out this tutorial

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Yes, have checked these things. Domain lock is off, and I checked the others too.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @codebrewery. Thanks for posting. There are a few things that could really cause what you're experiencing. If you have Protected Registration or the domain is locked (like @MrVapor alluded to), that is something you can directly affect.

However, there are other situations you'd need to contact support about. The domain may also have a registration lock on it. A registration lock is in place for the first 60 days of a domain registration. This is true for all domain registrars. GoDaddy may also lock domain transfer if the domain's WHOIS data has been updated (up to 60 days from the change), or if the domain isn't in an active status.

If you suspect any of the situations I mentioned above apply to one or more of your domains, you may want to connect with our customer care team so they can take a look at your account and let you know what's going on. Please keep in mind that this is a community forum rather than a support form. Users here do not have access to internal GoDaddy systems and generally aren't able to assist with account specific issues.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.