cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Your Domain transfer-in is pending

It has been so long the domain i bought is still pending transfer in. Why is it so?

13 REPLIES 13
Advocate III Advocate III
Advocate III

Re: Your Domain transfer-in is pending

Have you replied to the verification emails? If not, check you spam folders. Most registrars require verification from the domain contact(s) before transferring a domain.

Geeks rule!

I have the same problem. I bought 2 domain transfers using the Bulk Transfer tool. Both are stuck like this:

Transfer status:
Pending transfer-in.

Recommended action:
We're verifying your domain information. Please check back in a few minutes.

I have not received any emails on the domains admin's email address. Checked spam as well. When I click the Resend Email button, it says: There was an error processing your request. Please try again.

Hi @maltadmin

You have not mentioned the domains that you are transferring in. Most TLDs (.COM, .NET, .ORG, etc) take 5-7 days to complete before the registry for the domain will move it into the account with us. Some (not all) registrars will provide the option to approve the transfer away before that time.

If you have already authorized the transfer, our system will not allow you to resend the emails with our codes. Any emails you may receive to approve the transfer will be from the losing registrar.

-TLH

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support
Solution

Hi @TLH

Just an update re the situation, domains were .net and .com. The transfer proceeded fine and both domains were transferred in a day. The confusion was created by different messages in different screens. In one screen it said 'No action is required at this time' and in another it said something like 'You should receive an email' and included a Re-Send button. There were messages that something will happen in a few minutes, but nothing happened. It took about 5 hours to finally receive an email to get the transfer started.

In the end, the transfer went smoothly but since this was my first time ever transferring a domain, the contradicting messages really did not help.

My domain is in the same status, but it's been about 3 weeks and nothing. I don't have any emails and there is no button to resend an email. When I click on my transfer in Manage Domains, the only option is to Authorize Transfer, but I don't have the information needed to authorize.

My previous domain host says GoDaddy has not initialized a transfer with them. 

I've checked all my spam and there are no emails.

Help?

New

Same problem here. It says the domain is "pending transfer-in" but I haven't received any email providing the information to initiate the transfer. It's been saying "we're verifying your domain information. Please check back in a few minutes" for days, and the admin email is "nocontactsfound@secureserver.net". I don't really know what to do except waiting.

Hey @lsk567

I hope your transfer is now complete, if not please keep in mind that is take 5-7 days to complete before the registry for the domain will move it into the account with us.

DDJ

Hi @jillslattery@lsk567

I understand your domain may read "Processing Transfer" in the Pending Transfer screen, but the transfer does not seem to be progressing. 

Some registrars list their whois data that is not in accordance with ICANN standards -- or in a format that our system can record for your transfer. In these cases, we need to manually update the information so that our transfer codes can be sent. If we have not yet updated your domain's whois information, you are welcome to write to us at transfers@godaddy.com. We will be happy to update that for you and get your transfer on the road.

Be sure to include the complete domain name in your email.

New

i have six domain names with status pending transfer-in since more than 2 weeks

and admin email nocontactsfound@secureserver.net

knowing that in whois the email address is correct

any help available

Hi @digisy

As this is not a support center (but a community forum) your best option will be to send an email to transfers@godaddy.com in order to get your domains updated manually. Be sure to either include the domains or your customer number in your email. These emails are taken care of fairly quickly and can get you on the road to completing your transfers.

Transfer Pending: Waiting for Registrant Approval

Transfer Pending: Waiting for Registrant Approval,

What I need to do?

New

It's new I'm not transferring anything I just purchased it today killertees.biz@godaddy.com
Advocate III Advocate III
Advocate III

Did you purchase it as a new domain or from another owner? If you purchased it as a new domain, from GoDaddy, there's no reason for a domain transfer. I've never had anything but "instant delivery" of new domains from any registrar. If you purchased it elsewhere or from GoDaddy's feature that lets you buy domains other owners are selling, there still is a transfer period. My original post about making sure you respond to the verification notices still applies. I have completely lost verification notices in the past and when that happened I canceled the transfer and started over.

Geeks rule!