cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
Helper I

Your transfer is pending

There are dozens of these threads here. Now I am going to add another. WHY cant godaddy fix this problem?  I set up two transfers from godaddy to namecheap today. One went instantly and the other is still waiting. 

No, I dont have time to call or chat. I barely have time to write this. The fact that godaddy abandoned email customer support is bad enough already.

I transferred dozens to namesilo in the past several months as well, never an issue. 

Suddenly one name is being held back?  

Godaddy, you need to communicate better. This is bad. You wouldnt stand poor communication from one of your employees I hope. Well "Your transfer is pending" with NO FURTHER DETAILS AS TO WHY is poor communication. 

Please fix this problem and please release my domain name to the receiving registrar.

This is absurd.

UPDATE: The second domain finally transferred. Took 4 hours longer and absolutely no idea why considering the first of the two was instantaneous. If I was selling both of these domains to someone and needed to transfer them, it would have been a black eye on godaddy for the unknown reason delay.

So, this is solved.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: Your transfer is pending

@mojo wrote:

There are dozens of these threads here. Now I am going to add another. WHY cant godaddy fix this problem?  I set up two transfers from godaddy to namecheap today. One went instantly and the other is still waiting. 

No, I dont have time to call or chat. I barely have time to write this. The fact that godaddy abandoned email customer support is bad enough already.

I transferred dozens to namesilo in the past several months as well, never an issue. 

Suddenly one name is being held back?  

Godaddy, you need to communicate better. This is bad. You wouldnt stand poor communication from one of your employees I hope. Well "Your transfer is pending" with NO FURTHER DETAILS AS TO WHY is poor communication. 

Please fix this problem and please release my domain name to the receiving registrar.

This is absurd.

UPDATE: The second domain finally transferred. Took 4 hours longer and absolutely no idea why considering the first of the two was instantaneous. If I was selling both of these domains to someone and needed to transfer them, it would have been a black eye on godaddy for the unknown reason delay.

So, this is solved.

@mojo  Domain transfers are not done manually by Godaddy to another registrar. I've transferred hundreds of domains away from Godaddy and some are released within minutes and others take a few hours. It mainly has to do with the gaining registrar accepting the domain into their system. For instance, I transferred a domain name to a buyer about a week ago, I accepted the release at Godaddy and didn't receive the notification email from Namecheap for several hours even though in the whois the domain was at Namecheap within a few minutes of releasing it. 

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I
Helper I

The two odd things here are 1) I submitted for two .IO transfers in the same transaction, meaning set them both up at the same time. In fact, the one that took hours was actually the first domain of the two in the list. I know that probably doesnt matter but what is odd is that the other domain happened within moments -- meaning as fast as I could accept and click what I had to click, etc.  When I asked NameCheap they said they didnt know what was holding it up but it was likely the losing registrar. 2) the second thing is this, in 20 years of buying, selling, transferring, etc - this is the first time a transfer took longer than a few minutes so I was thrown for a loop.

But its all transferred now and OK.

Super User I
Super User I
Solution

@mojo wrote:

The two odd things here are 1) I submitted for two .IO transfers in the same transaction, meaning set them both up at the same time. In fact, the one that took hours was actually the first domain of the two in the list. I know that probably doesnt matter but what is odd is that the other domain happened within moments -- meaning as fast as I could accept and click what I had to click, etc.  When I asked NameCheap they said they didnt know what was holding it up but it was likely the losing registrar. 2) the second thing is this, in 20 years of buying, selling, transferring, etc - this is the first time a transfer took longer than a few minutes so I was thrown for a loop.

But its all transferred now and OK.

@mojo  Well technically transfers used to take about to 7 days to complete up until a few years ago when most registrars switched to the rapid transfer method. There are still registrars out there that make you wait the 7 days such as Network Solutions.

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I
Helper I

You are correct. How soon I forget! Just an all around frustrating day yesterday and then the staggered transfers while I read accounts of it could take days. Also frustrated at GoDaddy for a other issues regarding lack of communication -- so its piled on.  Thank you for your insight an willingness to discuss!