cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

bought new domain while old domain transfers to godaddy after expiration

Our domain expired and was not managed by GoDaddy, so we renewed it and it's being transferred to GoDaddy right now. Since our Wordpress website is down because the domain isn't currently up, we purchased the .net version of our domain through GoDaddy. Is it possible to have the GoDaddy hosted Wordpress site, which is a .com, up and running on the .net while the domain transfers? 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: bought new domain while old domain transfers to godaddy after expiration

Hi @hmmille!

You can certainly use your .NET domain in the meantime on your WordPress site while waiting for your domain transfer to complete. You would just need to update the domain name on your WordPress to use the .NET instead. What kind of hosting are you using for your site? (i.e. cPanel, Managed WordPress, Plesk, etc.)

If you can let me know which hosting platform you are using, I can provide you with a guide on how to update the domain on your site.

KristyW - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

We have web hosting - Linux with wordpress as an app. Our domain transfer actually completed last night, and now I need to figure out how to relink the domain and our files so our site will be live and usable again. I've updated our nameservers, and I'm waiting for that change to take effect.
Solution

Glad to hear the transfer completed for you! If you haven't done so, these are the steps you will want to use to update the domain on your WordPress site. Once this is done and propagation has completed, you should be all set!

KristyW - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.