cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

domain transfer not completed

Hello,

I'm transferring a domain from an account to my account on godaddy and changed the registrant details, the first account's owner told me that he has received an alert that the transfer is in progress. But when I accepted the transfer to my account, I got an alert saying:

"Thank you but you're not quite done, you've changed registrant details, ICANN require both the current and new owner to approve these updates, we've sent emails to the emails on file for those individuals, before the transfer can be completed, you must review the email and approve the updates".

Now two days have passed, and I didn't receive any emails from godaddy. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Solution

Re: domain transfer not completed

Hello Your domain transfer could be disabled due to many reasons.

Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy PRO | Founder/CEO at TechMag, ZulWeb, Enter To Study
Solution

Re: domain transfer not completed

Hi @mashour,

Welcome to the Community!

As this is a "transfer" between GoDaddy accounts, the sender for the domain, having changed the registrant information, triggered the ICANN verification. An email would be sent to the email address on the ender's, and to he email address the registrant email was changed TO. If that second email address was yours, you will need to find it to approve. Please be sure to check your spam folders for that verification email. If 10 days pass without your approval, the sender will need to initiate the account change again. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support