cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

domain transfer was rejected by Godaddy

I want to transfer my domain from godaddy to shopify, i done every step and shopify said that i need to buy the domain again for some reason, so i bought it, but after finishing all the step they send me this massage "

The current registrar, GoDaddy.com, LLC for the domain mrvapers.com rejected the transfer request you submitted.

Pursuant to established Registry procedures, the transfer is declined.

Please contact the current registrar listed above for a further explanation of the rejection.
Thank you for your attention.
Shopify.

"

what should i do now??

2 REPLIES 2
Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: domain transfer was rejected by Godaddy

Hello @sam1988 you might check out this  Shopify article to help you with your transfer. You want to make sure you do steps 1-3.

Let me know if you still have issues. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***
Highlighted
Solution

Re: domain transfer was rejected by Godaddy

Hi @sam1988,

There is nothing in your account that is preventing the transfer away and no request in our system for the transfer. Our records show, however, that the domain just had privacy removed and an ICANN approval completed. If you attempted a transfer before that time, it would have failed. Please contact your future registrar and request that they RETRY/RE-INITIATE the transfer. After the request goes through, you may approve it in the account with us.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support