cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

my current server won't respond, can't renew my domain

My current server, not Go Daddy, will not respond.  I am trying to renew, but they don't answer, they have disappeared.  Would love to transfer to Go Daddy but I need then to release it, etc.  Anyone know of any options in this situation?

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

Re: my current server won't respond, can't renew my domain

Hey there @princemott

That, unfortunately, is what they call being stuck between a rock and a hard place. The only thing that you can really do is keep trying to reach them, then transfer that domain as soon as possible.

Sorry to hear this and hope it all works out for you.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Does it make sense to set up a "backorder"? Does that work any better?

I"m afraid they've gone out of business....they've had problems in the past....I heard they weren't paying their bills etc...

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Yes, setting up a domain backorder will give you the best shot of getting those domains once they expire. It'll be a bit pricier than normal but should give you your best chance at getting control of them once more. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community