cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

"needs an authorization code" but already have one

I am transferring my domain name from Amazon's Route53 service to GoDaddy and have already obtained the authorization code, but there is nowhere for me to enter it on godaddy, it just says "needs an authorization code" in my domain name's list, with no text field for me to enter it. Where do I go to finish the transfer?

Any help much appreciated

14 REPLIES 14
Super User II
Super User II

Re: "needs an authorization code" but already have one

@zukias wrote:

I am transferring my domain name from Amazon's Route53 service to GoDaddy and have already obtained the authorization code, but there is nowhere for me to enter it on godaddy, it just says "needs an authorization code" in my domain name's list, with no text field for me to enter it. Where do I go to finish the transfer?

Any help much appreciated

@zukias Under "transfers" then click on where it says "authorization code needed" and it will prompt you to enter the security codes and authorization code.

---

New

I see the red text saying "needs an authorization code" but there is nowhere to click.

I also have an auth code already

same issue, how did you fix it?

New

Same issue.

Same issue, no resolution.

I have the exact same issue too!

New

anyone get a resolution to this?  same issue

New

In domain manager, click on domains, then click on the transfers tab (not transfers in). There you will see your domain you want to transfer listed. Click the link within that listing and you will get a pop up where you will enter the codes that were sent to your email. When that is accepted then click the "next " button. Then you will be able to enter your transfer authorization code from your registrar. 

The process is not well explained at all. I just clicked all the drop down menus in the domain tab until I landed in the right place!

Employee
Employee

@jadeb @zukias @rrobyn @FlangeArtist @mrcandue

Hi Folks!

Thank you all for posting. You would need to follow these steps to authorize your domain transfer. If you're having trouble with these steps, you'll want to reach out to our support team for guidance. 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
New

Thank you for the correct answer!!

Solution

Thank you, this helped. It looks like the instructions page from GoDaddy didn't match the UI, which lead to confusion for a lot of people.

THOSE INSTRUCTIONS ARE OUT OF DATE. THE WEBSITE HAS BEEN CHANGED AND EVERYTHING IS SOMEPLACE ELSE.

Do you suppose anybody can check on getting those instructions fixed?

Thanks so much for this posting. I hadn't thought to check the Transfers tab and click on the Red Notification Letters there instead. Cheers!

Solution

Hey man,

I just did this myself actually and it works. You can't click the authorization buttons on the "Transfer In" tab, you have to go to the "Transfer" tab and you can then click it that way!