cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

requested auth code but not getting it

Im trying to transfer a domain of mine to another registrar. when i request a code it says it goes to      my domain@domainsbyproxy.com then it should forward it to my email that registered with that domain correct me if im wrong. ive waited 24 hrs and still nothing in my inbox. yes my domain is unlocked and the request thing did NOT say it was disabled.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

Re: requested auth code but not getting it

@Jess13 wrote:

Im trying to transfer a domain of mine to another registrar. when i request a code it says it goes to      my domain@domainsbyproxy.com then it should forward it to my email that registered with that domain correct me if im wrong. ive waited 24 hrs and still nothing in my inbox. yes my domain is unlocked and the request thing did NOT say it was disabled.

@Jess13 try clicking the get authorization link a few times again, the auth code doesn't change. You should receive it within a few minutes. I've had to re-request it in the past.

----

Solution

Re: requested auth code but not getting it

Hi @Jess13,

Privacy must be removed from a domain before it can be transferred. The code will not forward to a privacy address if you have not created a forward for that domain.

To remove privacy: https://godaddy.com/help/cancel-private-registration-1625?

If you have protected registration, you will need to remove that first as well. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support