cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tranfer fails to initiate

coding error on transfer domain pages and support refusing to fix. 

I unlocked domain name and there is no privacy, but Get Authorization Code and Transfer Domain Name away from Godaddy both FAIL to send to CODE to email address on file.  Chat claimed the emails bounced back, but Godaddy is on safe sender list and I get all other godaddy emails just fine.  It is either a js error or UNDEFINED code problem.  Either way, support has FAILED to address the problem or fix it and won't manually email CODE.  There is supposed to be downloadable list also, but the list is EMPTY because the transfer never gets inititated into PENDING TRANSFERS. SUPPORT NEEDS TO DO A BETTER JOB - CHAT IS A JOKE - THEY HAVE NEVER FIXED A SINGLE PROBLEM WE'VE HAD, WHICH IS WHY WE STOPPED HOSTING WITH GODADDY AND TRANSFERED ALL OUR DOMAINS OUT, BUT NOW THIS LAST DOMAIN, GODADDY REFUSING TO TRANSFER OUT OR PROVIDE CODE. GET IT FIXED.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: tranfer fails to initiate

Greetings @starexchange  ,

I see the chat logs, I do chat, and I see plenty of issues resolved, I'm sorry that was not your experience.

However, to the point, you can also download your authorization code in report form. See:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/download-exportable-lists-in-the-domain-manager-3678

Just be sure to check the authorization code box to receive the code as well.

And I trust you have removed privacy or protected registration if you had it.

While this is not chat, I hope that process solves this specific concern.

Best of luck to you,

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

THERE IS NO PENDING TRANSFER - despite:

unlocking domain name

clicking GET AUTHORIZATION CODE

clicking TRANSFER AWAY FROM GODADDY

Because there is NO PENDING TRANSFERS under PENDING TRANSFERS - the DOWNLOADABLE LIST IS EMPTY!

ACTUALLY, the EMPTY list is under TRANSFERS IN - which there are none.

There are also NO PENDING OUT TRANSFERS and there is NO DOWNLOAD LIST under TRANSFERS OUT

Followed ALL DIRECTIONS - 20 times already - Godaddy page has some script error or some other programing error where the BUTTONS TO EMAIL CODE - DON'T WORK - someone at Godaddy needs to look at the button codes/button scripts and fix them so I get a CODE or POST THE CODE IN MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT HAVING TO CLICK ANYTHING LIKE IT USED TO BE.

Hi @starexchange,

The exportable list and the start of a valid transfer are unrelated. Whether or not you plan to transfer, the exportable list is available for all domains in your account. You must be sure to click the box for "Authorization code" when creating the file for download. If the domain is a CCTLD (country code) you will need to contact our support team to escalate that request to our Domains department.

You will not see the domain in your Pending Transfer screen until we have a valid request, placed by your future registrar through the Registry for the domain. Your future, or gaining, registrar does not contact GoDaddy, but the Registry for that domain. Once that request is successfully processed, we will move the domain to your Pending Transfer screen for your approval. Contact your future registrar to ensure this completion. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support