• GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Add action buttons to header that link to pages

I want to add action buttons across my header that link to the pages below so that when they click on a button it jumps to the page.  How do I do this?  I am only seeing how to do one action button and I would like multiple across the header. 

8 REPLIES 8
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: Add action buttons to header that link to pages

Hi @kmt731. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! It sounds like you're using our new Website Builder. With that builder, there's not a way to add additional buttons to your header. If you need this functionality, you might want to consider using something more robust, like WordPress, to build the site in question. Sorry Man Sad

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    Employee
    Employee

Hi, Thank you so much for giving us this helpful feedback. We've heard this similar request from other customers are we have plans to add the types of links you are looking for. We have a few exciting things prioritized before that, but please know that we have heard your feedback and plan to take action.

Thank you for being a GoCentral customer.

Rachel

same issue i am having. i need 2 action buttons but i am unable to add another action button. please make the site builder more flexible to needs.

Salesman pushed me to "upgrade" this WSB,  whoa what a disappointment this is. The older version had great features compared to this. And they claim it is getting better reviews. BS

Add and link a text button - I sell books from different online retailers- Amazon, Barnes & Noble, IBooks etc. and would like to have an action button for each that someone can click on that will take them to those sites. I have been unable to do this using go central. How do I do this?

See reply from Rachel.
    This platform is a big disappointment.
    Highlighted

So actually, GoDaddy, we are not able to actually create our own pages as we wish! I am doing a live stream radio station with music for listening in their office or home and I need to add that LIVE action button, and NO I am not upgrading. I guess I am stuck with a five and dime website that does not give me flexibility as advertised. I did find and unprofessional way to do this anyway and that unprofessional way also reflects on you cause your name is at the bottom of the Website!

Employee
    Employee
    Solution

Hi @SbapShot. I hear you and I know you are feeling frustrated. The GoCentral website builder can provide beautiful, mobile friendly websites, but you are right that you can't move content to the exact position you want. You don't need to upgrade to use any action buttons. Without seeing your site I can try to give you a suggestion that would help achieve what you are trying to do. If you want to have a bunch of buttons at the top of your page, try this, and please see the pic I posted below as an example:

1. Delete the header cover image to make room below.
    2. Below your header, add a Content section and use the 3rd layout, which contains 6 groups of text. Delete the Content section title so that it looks like one big extension from the header.
    3. In the Content section, with each of the 6 text groupings you can turn on an Action Button. You can leave the text or remove it and just keep the button.
    4. Link the button to be anchored to any section on any page, or link it to an external URL.

I attached a pic of what this could look like. Please let me know if this workaround is helpful. Thank you for being patient and please know that we are listening and reading all your feedback.

RachelButtons.png