• GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    khgdg
    Novice

Add pop-up text box with Website Builder or HTML?

I'm searching for a way (either with web builder tools or HTML) to create a link along the lines of "read more" where when you click it a pop-up/modal comes up with a continuation of the information from that particular section.  Basically, we have a lot of employees with long bios and I don't want to have a massive page with everyone's bio in its full text form and would like a small box to pop up so a visitor can read more without leaving the current web page.  Any suggestions?

10 REPLIES
    SamHobbs
    Mentor

Re: Add pop-up text box

What are you using to create the site? Is it WordPress? There are probably thousands of ways to do what you are asking.

jacquie
    Novice

Re: Add pop-up text box with Website Builder or HTML?

I just added button to do this. If you have an http for bio's you can add button, double click on it, settings open & you can paste in http with open new window & it will open new window. I added button text to say "read more".

Thanksohio
    Novice

You ever get a logical answer let me know.  Dealing with same thing~

FredT
    Novice

Does anyone in the community know how to do this using Website Builder.

ccs
    Novice

Hi

I would like to the same thing with a FAQ section where  would like to have the question then to click on text for the answer to appear underneath (not on a separate page)

sipp
    Novice

I would also like to do this with the Website Builder if anyone can provide direction.

LizYoung
    Novice

http://www.hypergurl.com/alert.html 

just add to html code on page you want it

reply for instruction- Liz

Faerienix
    Novice

You're looking for a toggle, if you know html you can write it in. If you're using wordpress there's a plugin for it. Try the "Toggles Shortcode and Widgets" plugin, I used it on my website for the same thing an it seems to work fine and is super easy. 

Jconley
    Novice

Hi Liz,

Can you tell me how to add the HTML code for "read more" text without bringing up another page? I want it to be like FaceBook where you click on "more" and the remainder of the comment is displayed.

Thanks so much,

Janet

LeszekG
    Novice

Did anyone find an answer to this question. I need to know how to create a pop-up window in Website Builder for the purpose of incorporating customer reviews. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

LeszekG