• GoDaddy Community
  • GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Adding HTML code to GoCentral

I am trying to add a BBB badge to my website and when I put the HTML code in it just shows the code.  According to the BBB page it is supposed to be a clickable picture link. Is it possible to add this type of HTML code to GoCentral?

14 REPLIES 14
    Employee
    Employee

Re: Adding HTML code to GoCentral

Hello @Boisekoi!

Thank you for posting. I think what you would need to do is add the BBB image to your site and then turn that image into a link. Here's how that's doneIf you're still having trouble after that, reach out to our support team.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support
    New

Could someone answer the OP question? Why does the new GoCentral Store not allow entry of HTML code?. I really need to add a section for customers to leave reviews on my website. It's very important to me.

Ive had a similar issue. With GoCentral you cannot add HTML code. Its very limited as to what it can do but its mostly based on the builder being able to be mobile responsive and by not allowing HTML it doesn't break the responsiveness. 

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @pvtjetguy@Boisekoi@RoGu33

Just wanted to let you know that our GoCentral team will be answering questions tomorrow, Tuesday, July 20th in our GoCentral "AMA" Ask me Anything between 11-12 pm PT in this thread https://www.godaddy.com/community/GoCentral-Website-Builder/quot-AMA-quot-With-GoCentral-Team-On-quo.... If you can't join, please feel free to post a question beforehand for them to answer. Thanks!

Rachel

Has this been resolved? I have an amazon affiliate link that can only bee added via html coding.  How can I get this added.  Thanks!

My HTML code will appear in Google but not in MIcrosoft Edge. The section is blank. I understand that GoDaddy is aware of it. When will this fix be implemented?

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @bob1001,

Sorry that this is causing you challenges! We're aware of the issue and are working to get it fixed asap. When we have the fix in place, one of us will come back and let you know that it has been resolved. Thanks much!

Rachel

New

so does this mean that after 4 weeks there is still no resolution?

4 months....at least...HTML coded portion of website shows up blank if you use Microsoft Edge...but seems to run in Chrome....

RachelM,

Other than entering basic HTML via the menu on the gocentralwebsite builder, how do we  enter the Site Wide Code so we can insert specific HTML code that we need to implement for a variety of reasons?

This is not acceptable by godaddyas is not explained anywhere as to the website Builder limitations otherwise a lot of us would not have signed up.

Please explain how we can access the Site Wide Code to amend HTML so we can add what we need to add to our sites.

This is urgent! Please respond with something other than your looking into it. Speak with a Tech if need be but we need a proper answer straight away please!

Renato Grant

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @Renatogrant,

Have you seen this article on adding HTML or custom code to your website? It might be helpful. 

There's also a helpful post at the bottom of this thread in the community that gives you tips on how to do this.

Hope this helps!

Rachel

Hi RachelM,

Yes, ive read all articles put out by Godaddy thankyou but none assist with my specific issue and I guess if your sending me these articles maybe you also dont understand my original post?

I've read up on the newer Gocentral web builder platform and it does not allow for users to intergrate our own HTML code into the <head>? it will only allow a basic insert of code into the <body> which is really restricting as it means we cannot use the website at all for specific commands/ instructions we want to deploy! For example, I needed to insert code from clickbank into my pages and it required the code to be place into the <head> which meant I couldn't via Godaddy which meant I could not use Clickbank! Clickbank advised to use another web builder! This is not good from Godaddy at all and you should have your techs look at this as its very restricive for all Godaddy users who do want to employ HTML code into<head>

Rgds

Renato

New

Hi Rachel,

I am posting this message here as I was unable to message you in a new thread - not sure why?

I am selling downloadable products (ebbok and audio book) on line but on the new Godaddy website builder I cannot find a place where I can put my downloadable products that are hidden so only when people make a purchase via paypal they are then immediately redirected back to the page where they can complete the download.Rather than me having to watch out for it and email them separately!  Do you know is this possible?  I was offered to use the Godaddy shopping cart but the cost for me is almost $1000 dollars a year, which is way too expensive.

Any ideas

Cheers

Tracy

https://golfmindplay.com

This is ABSOLUTE edited.    Godaddy's website builder does not enable you to use HTML code.

I urge you all to cancel your Godaddy accounts immediately and move to a more professional service.

GoDaddy provides ABSOLUTE NO SUPPORT for this. 

This is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.  How the **bleep** can they not enable customers to use HTML code on their websites.  WHO THE **bleep** created this **bleep**.   I am DONE with GoDaddy.  **bleep** off, **bleep**ty company.