Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Adsense ads.txt

I am following 

https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/7532444?hl=en

I don't see any way for me to add ads.txt file.

47 REPLIES 47
    New

Re: Adsense ads.txt

Having the same issue

Hi @mm99 and @DianaP,

Welcome to the Community!

First, be advised that you must have the Business, Business Plus, or eCommerce plan to add Google AdSense to your website. (The Personal plan does not support this feature.) You'll need to already have a Google account and the script can only be added to GoCentral websites in the United States. 

You can use the instructions here to add the Google AdSense script to the website.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

No, it's not "solved." Which directory do we put it in? public_html? wp_content? Everyone who needs to create an ads.txt file has already seen what Google says and wants something more helpful.

New

I contacted godaddy support and they said to add a dns txt record  however im still getting an issue in adsense. I believe we must be able to rename it to ads.txt in the root folder for google to detect it however godaddy is not giving us that option. I hope this can be resolved soon.

New

So anyone with Godaddy Website Builder site is out of luck? 

New

NOT SOLVED.  Does not work on website builder sites.

I am having the same issue. 

In the host field I have "@"  which I understand puts it under the root directory.

I have all the content Google Adsense said to put in the text value field.

New

Having the same problem here, please let us know if anything, cause this is some Bull....

same problem here

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hey Everyone. Thanks for posting your issue. With our site builders, you wouldn't have access to the root directory for a site to upload this type of file. However, my understanding is that with our AdSense integration in GoCentral, you shouldn't need to worry about taking these steps. If anyone has any evidence otherwise, please feel free to share that here and I'd be happy to take your suggestion to our product team. Thanks! 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    New

This issue hasn't been resolved. I'm having the same issue. I have contacted GoDaddy 2x about this with no solution and there isn't a support phone line for Google so I'm stuck.

My personal experience with GoDaddy's technical support team have been very bad.

Let alone resolving the issue, they are reluctant to cooperate even.

I am having the same trouble with with my GoDaddy GoCentral site.  I added the Adsense code as per instructions from GoDaddy support, and still get this message from google....???

Frustrated...

Gregg Johnsoncreateadstextgoogleadsense.png

Highlighted

Basically want to know if I need to start building my site somewhere else or if this is going to get resolved...

Thanks.

New

Agree seems someone would have a contact between GoDaddy and Google to get this issue fixed

Hi Everyone, 

If you have a Business, Business Plus, or eCommerce plan, you can add Google AdSense to your website. For more info, visit https://support.google.com and click AdSense. To sign up for Google AdSense, you need a Google account. The feature's available for U.S. customers only.

You may use the instructions here to add this to your GoCentral plan. If this does not work for you, please be specific about the errors you are seeing in setup or the questions you have in completing the process. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support
    New

I have GoCentral business and the instructions that you are referring to is not what the issue is. This is regarding adding an ads.txt file to the root of the website. This issue has affected many and this issue has to be handled by a project manager at GoDaddy with Google...someone that can get answers

Hi, 
    The problem as heve been raiesd by many for not being able to add Google Adsense ads.txt file  in our Website Builder Business hosting plan.
    "You need to fix some ads.txt file issues to avoid severe impact to your revenue."  

Google's word choice of "severe" suggests GoDaddy should be more motivated in resolving any AdSense issues to please their customers.  
    We can see there have been repeated requests regarding the same issue. Why don't you give this a priority? How long can we wait as otherwise we would have find out a different destination other than Godaddy.   
    Thanks

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hey Everyone. Thanks for bringing this issue up. Our product team is aware that this is an important issue and are looking at how to best address it. I will update here when I have more concrete information. Sorry for any confusion Man Sad

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    New

Would you have an idea of when there will be a resolution as it looks this has been ongoing 2 months for me and more for other? I am a GoDaddy customer feel free to contact me by phone GreenCountryTables. com is my site
    New

JesseW I'd be happy to help resolve. I have also been in contact with Google adsense via email which I can provide that information (it's no help on my side of things but may help GoDaddy)
    GreenCountryTables. com
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @JuanC5. I don't have a timeframe right now but I will offer one if it becomes available. The product team is constantly working on improvements. It's just a matter of where this one fits in the schedule of what needs to be done. Thanks for your patience. 

Has anyone figured this problem out yet? I have gocentral business also and google adsense is telling me to place the ads.txt file in my root level domain. Can't find any answers. 

Super User III Super User III
    Super User III

@watkinsk112Stay subscribed to this thread, as I am sure @JesseW will post an update here when there is more information available.  Though AdSense should still run without this file.  If you are having troubles try republishing the website to see if that resolves it.

New

I've republished numerous times with no solution. Definitely can try and hope. Hopefully there is a resolution very soon.

I haven't seen 1 ad from them on my website. I just tried publishing again. GoDaddy said everything was good on their end with that part so just waiting to see.

I have website builder Business hosting plan with a number of other
    products & am a customer of GoDaddy for almost last 9 years. From my
    personal experience I can tell you that Godaddy's technical support has
    gone from bad to worse.
    It's because of Godaddy's incompetency we are losing revenue. You see the
    magnitude of the feedbacks and requests to Godaddy's all relevant forums
    asking for help and support for the same issue 'Ads.Txt' during the few
    months.
    Now is disgusting ....

gocentral and website builder and both platforms does not allow us to edit root folder information but that is possible with advanced hosting platforms like CPanel.

So I need a different hosting platform. 

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @watkinsk112 @Joardar , @JuanC5. Sorry you're still having issues getting ads displayed on your site. I wanted to clarify that while we are looking at the best way to add the ads.txt functionality, it isn't currently something you have to have on a site for ads to work. I have seen several GoCentral websites that are currently displaying ads, so it is still possible. If you're not seeing ads after republishing, then I suggest reaching out to Google support to see if there are any problems with your account or settings on their end. 

Edit: Also, to clarify, the Google AdSense feature in GoCentral is still only available in the United States at the moment. If you are in another country and have added your code by switching your website to the US region, that will provide inconsistent results, so it's not a recommended workaround. 

New

I have reached out to Google and since they don't know how the GoCentral platform works for implementing the ads.txt code....they can't help. Like I have stated before GoDaddy and Google need to get together versus a consumer middleman which does no good.
    Super User III

You would not be able to manually add files with GoCentral, but again according to Google documentation this file is not required to display ads.  If you're currently having problems it is likely due to something else.

New

Any suggestions on what that something else could be?
    Super User III

There are many things it could be.  JesseW mentioned it's only listed as a feature for US plans, and not recommended for international plans.  If it is a newer site Google does need some time to evaluate your site before matching with ads.  Even after evaluation it's possible there aren't ads that match with your site at this time.  I believe the suggestion earlier was to contact AdSense support to see if there are any problems with the account.

Google Ads are running right now on my site....but I still get that message.

Get Outlook for Android

Hello,

Please refer to our earlier posts. As others and I've mentioned the issue
    is regarding AdSense revenue.
    The Ads will be displayed but Google wants us to add a few Ads.Txt to the
    root domain, failing which the revenue will be SEVERELY AFFECTED.
    I think now is clear to you why so many GoDaddy customers are upset and
    asking for immediate intervention of GoDaddy.

Thanks.
    Super User III

@JoardarI am not sure how many different ways I can say this but the vague warning you're mentioning is actually misleading.  Revenue is not directly affected by this file, it is an attempt to combat counterfeit ad sales.  This isn't really something that GoCentral users face so adding the file wouldn't change anything aside from getting rid of that warning.  If anyone is having problems with AdSense running on their sites it's likely due to an unrelated issue.

Re: Adsense ads.txt/?isc=gdcommment

@Nate in how so ever different ways you may put it but will never succeed
    to divert or convince. Because neither the warning is vague nor is from me,
    it is from GOOGLE.
    It had been repeatedly mentioned by me and others that the issue is not
    about running Ads on the site but how to add Ads.Txt
    Still not clear to you then I'm sorry, you may please check the screen
    shots of Google's message in earlier posts.
    Super User III

@JoardarHow is the lack of an ads.txt file severely affecting your revenue?

New

We are losing our website profits due to hosting godaddy
    Look for the solution now or it will close godaddy
    Due to accumulated losses to customers

New

Hello everybody,
    I found about 35% decrease in my daily revenue from my site and app. According to one of the Google mails the deadline for adding ads.txt for AdSense was 08.08.

I would like to mention one more thing important for people who have apps in Google Play connected to GoDaddy website for example via shared privacy policy. We need to add one more file to the root directory called app-ads.txt for proper use of AdMob in the app. So I hope that soon will have solution from GoDaddy team!

It's better to quit GoDaddy.
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Hi Everyone. Wanted to let you all know that our product team was able to get this change pushed out on Friday! You should now have a place to add your ads.txt scripting, similar to how you would add the scripting for AdSense. Take a look:

GC-adsdottext.gif

CC @Joardar @DianaP @LachoB @derar @mm99 @elisabeth @cusas @cusvisions @Vegas @Bobcasuals @JuanC5 @greggandjennie @watkinsk112 @derar @LachoB 

Thanks for the reply.
    Where to look for the steps for adding the Ads.Txt?

Here I would like to mention Google wants it to be placed in root domain.
    Super User III
    Solution

@JoardarIt is in the Site Settings under Display Ads.  Copy and past your approved vendors into the textbox and GoCentral will create the file in the root directory.

Nate (Super User III) I have *GoDaddy Website Builder Business Plan.*

Let me know how to insert Ads.Txt in the root domain here.

Thank you.

Super User III
    Solution

Add your publisher ID to an ads.txt file

1. Sign in to your AdSense account.
    2. In the alert on your homepage, click Fix now.
    3. Click the Down arrow Down Arrowto open the "Add your publisher ID to these ads.txt files" message.
    4. Click Copy.
    5. In your GoCentral Site Settings, under Display Ads activate the ads.txt file and Paste the line into the textbox.

Your ads.txt file should now look like this, where pub-0000000000000000 is your own publisher ID:

google.com, pub-0000000000000000, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

GC-adsdottext.gif

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hey Everyone. Just a quick note to clarify that this thread in general and my reply above is specific to our newest Website Builder version. This feature is not available in Website Builder v6 or v7. Our older site builders are no longer in active development. If you have a v6 or v7 plan, you would need to move to the new platform or consider using something like WordPress if you need the ads.txt feature. Sorry for any confusion.