• GoDaddy Community
  • GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Can I change the color of a Font?

Please tell me we can change the color of the font. I do not want the typical black. I cannot figure out how to do it at all. I am so frustrated. Can someone please tell me the steps?

Also, I don't see where we can add an image where there is none. 

I have to say I am really disappointed that I went through Go Daddy with my domain purchase and website. I wish I had picked one of the other ones that are so easy to add a text box, color, and style of font and images however many and where you want them.

Hoping I am just being a dumb blonde and not seeing how to do any of it.

Thanks so much for any help!

Deb

7 REPLIES 7
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: Can I change the color of a Font?

Hi @EnchantedPen,

Currently there isn't a way to change the font color once you've picked your theme. Our product team is aware that this isn't ideal and is working on a solution. It might be helpful for you to follow this thread that addresses this same question https://www.godaddy.com/community/GoCentral/Website-Builder-Text-Colors/m-p/53572#M1186 for future updates. Thanks much!

Rachel

I agree with "EnchangedPen" that this is extremely inconvenient.  I got duped into "upgrading" to this version by a GoDaddy staffer and now I wish I had never done so!  I have been a heavy user of MS Word features for years and have designed pretty advanced print pieces.  I am NOT HAPPY that I am stuck with the "theme" colors and cannot make any changes.  BORING BORING BORING and little to no creativity involved.  I HATE it so far and I'm stuck with it for two years?  Did I mention that I AM NOT HAPPY?  Seriously?  You can't do something as BASIC as changing the font color for the text in select areas?

Not satisfied in Florida

I totally agree! This "upgraded" site is awful!  I loved my old GoDaddy site and had many compliments on it! Definitely not worth it and not what I expected!  I had no problem using the previous site! This one looks cheap and boring!

I agree, I like to use the deep colors that Example; green-black (doesn't look green), purple-black (doesn't look purple), red-black (doesn't look red), blue-black (doesn't look blue), and so forth. Using these colors, helps the eyes with a white background. Oh, and speaking of white background, it should not use bright, piercing white, hex code #ffffff. The good white to use are, "different shades of white", those are the ones to use. They have about 12 shades of white, I'm sure there are other types of white but I like the ones are "different shades of white". Please request that as well. Thank you in advance. @RachelM 

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @Virtue-,

Thanks for all of the suggestions! I'm going to check in with our team and have one of them reply about any plans. Take care and have a good day!

Rachel

Employee
    Employee

Hi,

I appreciate you all taking time out of your day to give us this feedback. We design our themes to make sure font color looks good and provides contrast with the background for readability. However, we agree that being able to customize font color is essential to make your text look better with your own color choices. We plan on giving you this customization but it’s going to require some pretty big changes.

I will update this board when I have a better approximation of when this customization will be available.

Rachel

Please provide an update on when this feature may become available. The inability to:

- customise a fonts colour

- add extra pictures to a section

- adjust the dimensions of particular items in a section

are all very limiting features that make the usability and flexibility very restricted and frustrating for users.

I chose to use GoDaddy over Wix to keep the Domain registration and website builder in one place, this is proving to already be a bad decision with these limited features and restrictions.

Your update and assistance is greatly appreciated.