• GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Can I host my site built on the GoCentral on a different company's hosting site

I'm in almost the same quandary as the guy who posted the above challenge.

My website builder free trial for one of my domains expired a few months back. My site was up and running before the expiration but has since gone off since the free trial period expired.

Now, I just bought another domain and want to use the free website builder period to build a site for the new domain.

My intent is to host both the old and the new site elsewhere. How can I get this accomplished? Or does the free website builder mandate that I must host my sites with Godaddy?

Can I host my website with a different hosting company apart from Godaddy?
    2 REPLIES 2
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I
    Solution

Re: Can I host my site built on the GoCentral on a different company's hosting site

@AdeKing

GoCentral is GoDaddy's web builder application that is a web builder and hosting all in one and is not transferable to other hosting platforms.  It is not a matter of a free trial or not.  The application is GoDaddy's and therefore is offered on their platform.

There is no way to export a site you create on the GC application to another host because the other host doesn't have GoCentral.  

Now if you create sites on GoDaddy's Linux hosting or WordPress, you can most certainly export/transfer those sites to another host because they are not built on the GoCentral application.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
    "All people are the same; only their habits differ." ~Confucius

Re: Can I host my site built on the GoCentral on a different company's hosting site

@Muse

Can I transfer it to another godaddy account?