• GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Copy & Paste in Website Builder

I want to use copy and pasting on my website from GoCentral. I don't know how as when I try selecting the section, the thing just wouldn't copy. Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
    Rockstar II Rockstar II
    Rockstar II

Re: Copy & Paste in Website Builder

@Johnnypl111

Can you provide more information as to which modules/widgets you are working with? 

Are you trying to copy from the site into another section? 

Or paste into a section some new text?

Basic copy and paste:  Hi-lite text you want to copy then right click/copy. Then put your cursor where you want to paste and right click/paste.

If that doesn't work I'll need more details of what you are doing and where... Smiley Wink

Judith
    “Nothing will work unless you do.” ~Maya Angelou

I want to copy and paste the session into Pages & Navigation so the customer can navigate the website easier. I don't find it very irritating if I have to retype the entire thing.  

If you're able to select it, have you tried the age old ctrl+c to copy and then ctrl+v to paste? I find this easier than using the menu copy and paste buttons

Did you ever figure out how to copy & paste text in the website builder?  I can select it, but it doesn't copy so when I try to paste, nothing happens.  Please advise.  I don't want to have to retype a ton of text everything I modify or expand.

"tried the age old ctrl+c to copy and then ctrl+v to paste?"  I've tried this repeatedly and nothing happens with I try to paste... Any suggestions?

I'm attempting to copy/paste text within a text block on website builder.  I can select, (apparently, it does highlight what I want), but nothing copies when using the keyboard shortcut or right click select paste.  What am I missing?

Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Hi @applelaneppb. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! I'm not sure why you'd be having that problem. My guess would be that it's something related to your browser. I wasn't able to duplicate this on my end. If you can provide more information about what browser/operating system you're using, maybe that would help narrow down the issue. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Thank you Jesse.  Your guess about the issue being related to my browser was spot-on.  I usually use firefox but opened chrome to give the copy paste issue a try... it worked as it should, (in chrome).  Thank you again... mystery solved.