• GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Customising contact forms and password protected pages

Hi,

I'm using the GoDaddy personal website package to build a site and it's great apart from two things. The first, is that I really need to be able to do a drop down menu option and a tick box on the 'contact form'. However, all I can get is a single line or multi line text option. The second, is to do a password protected page. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you in advance,

Charlotte

2 REPLIES 2
    Rockstar I Rockstar I
    Rockstar I
    Solution

Re: Customising contact forms and password protected pages

Hi @Charlotte_95,

With regard to the form -- the form builder is what it is.  It's a good BASIC builder but not for much customizing.  If you need a more sophisticated one, try the one from CoffeeCup and use the "hosted version" because you cannot upload the necessary files using the sitebuilder/gocentral.  

On the password protection:  Here is what I found.

https://www.godaddy.com/community/Building-and-Managing-a-Website/Password-protecting-a-page-using-w...

Essentially the answer is no.  As noted in the posted solution, page protection (as in memberships) are not built into these platforms.  That is not a fault with them, in that adding a membership/private area can be relatively complex and these site builders were not designed for these features.  If you are growing such that you need a membership or have multiple protected pages you might consider WordPress or a similar content management system.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

Re: Customising contact forms and password protected pages

the free GoCentral personal Website builder has this capability but the next version up doesn't? Interesting.