• GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    New

DKIM signed emails with GoDaddy Pro Hosting

I've a GoDaddy Pro Linux Hosting plan that should offer DKIM authentication like stated on the respective product page here under Tools > cPanel email.

Nonetheless the feature is not available on cPanel under Mail > Authentication.

Can someone with Domain + Website hosting take a look on your cPanel and tell if you have the Authentication icon available on the Mail group ?

20 REPLIES 20
    Product Team
    Product Team

Re: DKIM signed emails with GoDaddy Pro Hosting

Hi @daddy, thanks for pointing this out.  The DKIM setting is actually enabled by default.  So it should just work.  Could you try to send a message with it?  

Hope that helps

Thanks
    Jake
    New

Hi Jake,

sending an email from user@mydomain.com to unlocktheinbox.com/mail-tester/ address I can see that the messages sent through GoDaddy email server are signed with a DKIM private key.

This is only the first part to have DKIM fully working: the last part is to obtain the corresponding DKIM public key and publish it on my domain txt record so that the recipient email server can validate email signed with the private key.

Normally the DKIM public key can be copied from cPanel under "Mail" > "Authentication" like you can clearly see on http://cpanel.com/demo/

The problem is that on GoDaddy cPanel the Authentication icon is not available so, the public key is unknown.

I hope you can tell me more about this issue.

Employee
    Employee

Hi daddy,

Do you have your MX records defined for the domain used for your email account? If so, can you import your keys via the Email->Encryption page?

Edited to add: I'm a GD Employee but my account isn't reflecting that

Edit2: Further investigation shows that there may be issues with DKIM and cPanel since GoDaddy servers don't run DNS locally. I'm following up with our contacts at cPanel and will reply when I have more information

New

Hi Chris,

cPanel > Email > Encryption is related to GnuPG and not to DKIM

DKIM public key should be available on cPanel under Mail > Authentication, like you can see on cPanel public demo accessible here http://cpanel.com/demo/

On GoDaddy cPanel the Authentication icon is not available.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Employee
    Employee

I was able to track down some history on this feature. The Email Authentication page was disabled 2+ years back. At that time, issues were reported with that functionality since the servers aren't running local DNS.

I've submitted this request to our product management team for cPanel hosting to investigate how to enable better DKIM support without local DNS.

I'm sorry that I don't have a better answer at this time. I'll post back where when I have an update.

ChrisB

New

I imagine that if the dns servers aren't running locally, a DKIM txt record containing the public key can't be created automatically by a local cPanel installation or something similar.

In my case, it would be enough to obtain the public Dkim key string and its expiration date, so that I can create a txt record manually on my own dns. I don't need any automatic configuration.

Like said in previous messages, actually all outbound emails are signed with the Dkim private key, but the recipient server is unable to validate these message because the public Dkim key is not published on the dns server.

This may cause mail delivery problems, because some spam filters mark the messages itself like spam.

New

@ChrisB wrote:

I was able to track down some history on this feature. The Email Authentication page was disabled 2+ years back. At that time, issues were reported with that functionality since the servers aren't running local DNS.

I've submitted this request to our product management team for cPanel hosting to investigate how to enable better DKIM support without local DNS.

I'm sorry that I don't have a better answer at this time. I'll post back where when I have an update.

ChrisB

Hi @ChrisB,

Any news on this subject ?

New

Anyone ?

I got excited to find this topic.. now I am sad because there is no solution (yet).. suffering due to the no DKIM. Our site is hosted with godaddy but the domain DNS is with network solutions. I would love to to be able to generate my own TXT reference but cant seem to find the key. 

Is there any update on this? I too would like DKIM enabled.

Me too!

X-DKIM-FAIL: DKIM test failed: invalid (reason=pubkey_unavailable).

anyone?.

Hotmail is blocking the mails

Hard to believe that this isn't fixed yet.  Has anyone spoken to GoDaddy support?  This is a fundamental problem with email.  

Just spoke to Godaddy.  There is no fix coming for this.  They do not and will not be generating public DKIM keys for cPanel shared hosting email accounts.  End of story.  

Godaddy cPanel email accounts are therefore useless, because there is a likelihood that your unauthenticated emails will be filtered by any number of servers.  Even worse, if any of the other Godaddy customers' email accounts hosted on your shared server are blacklisted based on IP address, yours will be blocked too.

Godaddy should not be able to advertise included email accounts with their cPanel product offering.

Hope this helps -  I had the same issues as noted below when I had cPanel (I don't use cPanel anymore).  I had used this email service with success and it integrated well with Go Daddy:  http://www.serversmtp.com

They have very detailed instructions how to integrate with specific setups.  My only advice is not to over pay until you are ready.  Their billing/customer service is very good, but refunds are very difficult once paid/implemented.

Thanks, Susan

http://susanmarksphotography.com

Susan @ https://susanmarksphotography.com

hi Chris, do you have any updates on this topic. I just signed up for your hosting but now thinking of cancelling the contract....

Get out before it's too late!

@addozone wrote:

Just spoke to Godaddy.  There is no fix coming for this.  They do not and will not be generating public DKIM keys for cPanel shared hosting email accounts.  End of story.  

Absolutely fabulous. This is as brain dead as Blue Host disabling backups completely to promote the sales their pro backup option Smiley Happy Stupid idiots.
    New

Following these instructions to create an SPF record worked for me:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/do-i-need-spf-or-dkim-validation-to-send-campaigns-15863

New

@Shayly wrote:

Following these instructions to create an SPF record worked for me:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/do-i-need-spf-or-dkim-validation-to-send-campaigns-15863

This is an SPF record and is not related with Dkim.

Anyone has some news on GoDaddy restoring Dkim support on shared webhosting account ?