• GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Domain renewed, website gone.

Hi, 

I made the website using Godady Website Builder, now I renewed domain and there is no website. 

How do i get it back? Shall I ask Godady? I am afraid if during renewing they deleted my website.

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
    Helper V
    Helper V

Re: Domain renewed, website gone.

This might happen because you may have missed the renewal date and Godaddy is not responsible for it.

Please give it a +1 and also click "Mark As Accepted Solution" if you find it satisfactory. Thanking You With Regards | Harry Parmar

Yes, I missed the renewal date. But I was going to renew it any way within the grace period. I just want it back. I don't know how to talk to them. There online chat feature is disable. How do i post question to them rather than calling them?

Helper V
    Helper V

There is no way to get back your site once it's deleted. If you might renew it before the time goes, there would be no question of these. As this is your fault, Godaddy can not do anything.

Please give it a +1 and also mark this post as "Accepted Solution" if you feel you got the proper answer.

Please give it a +1 and also click "Mark As Accepted Solution" if you find it satisfactory. Thanking You With Regards | Harry Parmar
    New

That happened to me-i got a chargeback and go daddy had to deal with loss revenue.

New

I just found out that my website is gone as well. But I renewed it within my subscription period. Trying to get in touch with GoDaddy now.

Employee
    Employee

@alim85 @rjaljalahma @penzar

Hi Folks!

Thank you for posting. There are times when a restore of your Website Builder is possible. Reach out to our support team to see if there's a restore available. Any time you have a service that expires and you have questions about that, you should reach out to our support team. The community cannot answer questions that are specific to your account and services.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Hello Heather,

I am trying to do just that with a similar problem that I am having, but I do not want to spend a long time on International phone calls to a helpline. The Online chat seems to be perpetually offline. Would you know if there is a problem with this? 

I am even unable to find a support email that I can send my query to.

If you could point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful. 

Thank you. 

Hello.

I'm experiencing the same issues I had my account setup to an email that I don't use frequently and what happened was I missed the "renew" emails .. and once I saw that web page is not active anymore I can't find my product under renew page, It's gone!. 
    Is there anyway I can restore it back? 

Hi, 

I made the website using Godady Website Builder, now I renewed domain and there is no website. 

How do i get it back? Shall I ask Godady? I am afraid if during renewing they deleted my website.

Thanks

New

My domain automatically renews (I have a receipt from GoDaddy) and my website still disappeared. Called support and they were unable to help. Thanks GoDaddy, I will be looking for a new host...

Same thing happened to me and I am going to call my bank and reverse the charges tomorrow. This is beyond a slight inconvenience. Not happy!

Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

A few things that should be kept in mind:

1. Your hosting and your domain are two different products that have to be renewed as separate products. If you pay for one and not the other, your site will go down.
    2. If you reverse the bank charges and try to purchase anything else from GoDaddy in the future, get ready to pay off those charges that it costs GoDaddy.
    3. It's the customer's responsibility to understand what they purchased and what they have to pay in order to keep their web property live. Not the hosting company. A little personal accountability tends to make life much easier to live.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community