cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted
    bls1999
    Novice

File consistently cuts off after installing MyBB with Installatron

I installed an instance of MyBB with Installatron. Lately, the forum/inc/settings.php file has been randomly cutting off at 8kb (8,192 bytes). The file just ends prematurely out of nowhere, in the same place every time.

I could make a cron job to check the file size and adjust the file if it's a bad length, but I'd really rather know what the h*ck is going on. Nobody has SSH/SFTP access but me.

3 REPLIES
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: File consistently cuts off

Hi @bls1999 - There shouldn't be anything server side that is changing the size of your file or truncating it. cPanel accounts should create an error_log file anytime there are server errors, so you can check there. If it's producing an error of some kind, perhaps you can provide that here. Others may be able to offer further suggestions. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    bls1999
    Novice

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for your reply. The only errors that are logged are the 500 errors pertaining to a syntax error in subsequent requests to that file.
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

@bls1999 - That sounds pretty weird. I have no clue what could be causing that. My uncle once told me the first rule of troubleshooting anything from a bicycle to a nuclear reactor is to eliminate obvious defects. Maybe fixing the syntax error will help with the issue or at least help you identify what's causing it?

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.